Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Would Shadow Rider Calyrex V/VMAX Fit better in a Mono-Psychic Deck or Stay in My Psychic/Normal One

Natalie862
Natalie862 Member Posts: 8
First Comment Photogenic Name Dropper

I currently have two decks that focus on Psychic in some way. One is a Normal/Psychic that focuses on setting up Dubwool and the other is a mono-Psychic deck that I am working on. I have a Shadow Rider Calyrex V and am looking to get its VMAX (I'm also planning on investing in Ice Rider Calyrex for my mono-Water deck). I am just wondering if Shadow Rider Calyrex would fit better in my mono-Psychic deck or stay in the Normal/Psychic deck.

For context, the idea for both goes as followed:

1. The Normal/Psychic deck is set up for Dubwool. On the Psychic end there's 2 Ralts, 2 Kirlia, a Gallade, and a Radiant Gardivoir.
  2. The plan for the Psychic deck was to build it around Dragapult, with 2 of each evolutionary line. I also plan to include one Radiant Alakazam. It also has 2 Togepi, 2 Togetic, and a Togikiss. And I think I have a Drifloon/Drifblim in it too.
  3. I have two Galarian Articuno, the full art from the Crown Zenith tin (SWSH282) and Galarian Articuno V (058/198), which I pulled from the Shadow Rider Calyrex Chilling Reign ETB. I don't have the decks in front of me at the moment, but I'm pretty sure I have it set up in the Normal/Psychic deck.

Now, if I were to keep Shadow Rider Calyrex V in the Normal/Psychic deck and add VMAX Shadow Rider Calyrex with it, I could go with V and VMAX Dragapult in the Psychic deck alternatively. Since the plan for the Psychic deck was to center around/set up Dragapult.

But what do you think? Which would be a better deck for V/Vmax Shadow Rider Calyrex?

Best Answer

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 1000 Comments 250 Agrees
    #2 Answer ✓

Now, this situation changes depending on what game you're playing. If you're playing on TCG Live, you can just put the cards in both decks. If you're playing IRL, then I would suggest to put Shadow Rider in the mono-psychic deck, because it's ability only allows it to place psychic energies on other psychic types. If you have a bunch of colorless types, you might not have any good targets for the ability. Playing Shadow Rider in a moon-psychic deck simply makes it more consistent.

Answers