Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What are some less-known Pokémon facts?

UnovanZorua
UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

(Let's try to avoid well-known things like AZ's Floette and its kinda unused signature move.)

Not sure how well what I'll say is known, but a lot of people have heard of the shiny Jirachi hunt in RSE or the shiny costume hunt in (I think it was battle revolution) as some of the hardest shiny hunts, right?

Well, you can shiny hunt the Ranger Egg Manaphy in DPPt by trading it, since it's only shiny locked on the save file of the first person to obtain it. Each time, you'd have to reset an entire save file, get to a point where you can trade, save before hatching the egg, trade it to another game and reset the failed shiny hunt save file, and repeat. Incase you forgot, the odds back then were one in over eight thousand. What a very fun-sounding shiny hunt!

Oh, also in the status screen in Gen 5 you could play with your Pokémon. Make a circle around it to see it levitate, move your stylus horizontally or vertically on it to make it jump. It's a cool little detail but I don't think many people know it. Go play with your Pokémon more.

Comments

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 1000 Comments 250 Agrees

I like the guy in Sword and Shield in the corner of the battle tower lobby who just gives you a Type: Null and all the memories. Like, he just had those lying around? And then he saw you and was like, yeah. He's the guy to give this to. I can tell.

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 690 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Comments 250 Agrees 25 Answers 100 Likes

there's a reference to the gen 6 anime in pokemon S/V

• Eremas
    Eremas Member Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    100 LOLs 100 Likes 100 Agrees 500 Comments

If you turn your handheld upside down when inkay levels you get it to evolve.

• D-ManBlue
    D-ManBlue Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    100 Agrees 5 LOLs 5 Answers 100 Comments

Ash starts with Pikachu instead of one of the three Kanto starters partially because they feared that those who didn't choose the same starter as him would feel a bit of detachment from the anime.

• Alex_Vaporeon
    Alex_Vaporeon Member Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 25 Agrees 100 Comments Name Dropper
  • Acornyo
    Acornyo Member Posts: 717 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 100 LOLs 50 Answers 500 Comments

If you look at Torchic's butt, at the very back, there's a small black dot if it's a boy. Apparently It stems from what Japanese farmers would do to tell the difference between their real chicks. I saw it on my Torchic and I thought it was bugged or I was going mad lol.

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 1000 Comments 250 Agrees
  • Acornyo

If you look at Torchic's butt, at the very back, there's a small black dot if it's a boy. Apparently It stems from what Japanese farmers would do to tell the difference between their real chicks. I saw it on my Torchic and I thought it was bugged or I was going mad lol.

• Acornyo

man it spammed

• Eremas
    Eremas Member Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    100 LOLs 100 Likes 100 Agrees 500 Comments

It's fine. It happens. Try not to click post comment more than once and you're good.