Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

B2W2 Pokemon World Tournament Teams

I finally got my hands on a legitimate copy of White 2 recently, its the only DS game I missed growing up. Originally, I wasn't the biggest fan of Unova, but giving it a second chance after college has proved to be worth while.

Anyways, I don't remember much about Gen 5 after all these years, and I don't know as much about how the PWT functions so I'm curious to hear what type of teams y'all run (or ran) for the various tournaments! If you have strategies to share I'd love to hear it, or if you just want to share your beloved teams.

Comments

• Flametix
    Flametix Member Posts: 546 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees 100 LOLs 100 Likes

I remember just spamming strong things like Specs Drought Ninetales and Slaking that worked out alright since it's just a 3v3 format.

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

It feels a bit too competitive-like for me to do, but I assume you probably need to EV train a bit for it. N's Pokémon have guaranteed all 30 IVs, so if one of them is a competitively good mon (I don't know much about gen 5 competitive), that'd be a good choice to train.

(Also: there are a lot of interesting scenes across the region if you use memory link, and checking the first memory is how you unlock the ability to catch N's Pokémon)

• D-ManBlue
    D-ManBlue Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    100 Agrees 5 LOLs 5 Answers 100 Comments

I never got the chance to do the PWT (decided to start a new game with the one save file I completed!), but here's what I was originally thinking for the two teams:

1. My playthrough team- Serperior, Swanna, Arcanine, Magnezone, Flygon, and Zoroark
    2. A copy of my original White team with slight alterations- Simipour, Sigilyph, Throh, Stoutland, and at least two other members I didn't really have a plan for.
  • sneased2meetyou
    sneased2meetyou Member Posts: 6
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment First Answer

Oh really? I didn't know any of this! I just replayed my White save before this, but I had no idea how to use the memory link now that the Nintendo Wi-fi based services have all been shut down. :0

• UnovanZorua

@sneased2meetyou

You can also rebattle Bianca and Cheren (in Nuvema town and route 4) once if you beat the original game.

And this is even better: the game remembers the name of your character and lets it appear in dialogue occasionally (not sure if that's only in memories, it's been a while since I played BW2). AND replaces the "..." on the sign/mailbox thing near the player's house in Nuvema with your name. It makes the playthrough convey the feeling you should feel in a sequel even better!

• sneased2meetyou
    sneased2meetyou Member Posts: 6
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment First Answer

Do you remember how you linked them? I was trying after our conversation because this sounded exciting but nothing seemed to be properly connecting to the Nintendo network (presumably because those were shuttered recently). Only other method requires a second DS I guess. Small price to pay for my other save to be acknowledged but its still gonna take a bit

• UnovanZorua

@sneased2meetyou

Go to the continue menu (title screen menu), and it should be there, a little below continue. You probably need two DS (or 2/3DS) to do this now, so I'm sorry if you only have one.

But if you do, press "memory link," then "wireless," and then open Dowload Play (pick DS version if it's a 3DS) on the BW DS and search for the BW2 memory link thing there.

If you only have 1 DS, I'm really sorry for disappointing you. Maybe you can use a friend or family member's if they have one at least? I don't think the online version works, sadly.