Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

please remove celebration screen

the celebration at the end of the game is very annoying to watch, win or lose. the game is already slower than it should be and this adds an unnecessary amount of time for the opponent to taunt me or me to taunt them.it should have never existed and could probably easily be removed. the game is already mentally exhausting because everything is unintuitive and no effort has been made to make online feel like a fun experience. from everything being slow to having to deal with a weird online only meta. i can play for hours having fun irl and the online client is infuriating after just a game or two. the rng is seriously messed up and the opponents seem handpicked some days to play the counter to whatever deck im trying out. a little effort would be amazing

Comments

• MrPirate20000
    MrPirate20000 Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    10 Comments 5 Agrees 5 Likes Name Dropper

I agree with the idea of removal ... for totally different reasons, but, 100% agree. I feel the avatar celebration screens and text is very anti social (in a lot of ways) and pretty much against Pokemon standards of behavior. If I acted like the avatars at an irl tourney, I'd probably get a judge call against me for behavior.

• Baulder
    Baulder Member Posts: 32
    10 Comments 5 Agrees Name Dropper Photogenic

One of the first thing I've did when setting up my profile in PTCG Live was to change the victory catchphrase to "You win some, you loose some. But the important thing is not to give up." Does that count as taunting? I've seen the catchphrase being displayed only twice from all the games I've played in PTCG Live anyway.

• Baulder
    Baulder Member Posts: 32
    10 Comments 5 Agrees Name Dropper Photogenic

Having such terrifying win/loose ratio, I've seen many "cool" looking player avatars with arrogant or cocky catchphrase and victory pose, and I never really felt offended by those.

However, as it was mentioned here and other PTCGL discussions as well, it does not really go along with PTCG code of conduct.

I don't think it should get completely removed though. It just need more polite catchphrases and animations like handshake and such, rather than flexing.

• fafnitchaos
    fafnitchaos Member Posts: 23
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments Name Dropper 5 Agrees

That's mine :D

My favorite one to see is "don't be sad you lost, be happy I won" while flexing their arms. That's like the equalivent of saying don't be sad your homeless, be happy I'm rich.