Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Why didn't some of Ash's Pokémon physically appear in any of the To Be a Pokémon Master episodes?

MrCarle
MrCarle Member Posts: 142
Second Anniversary 10 Comments 5 LOLs 5 Likes

Despite being seen only on the poster for the English dub of the Pokémon: To Be Pokémon Master sub-season from the Pokémon Ultimate Journeys: The Series seasons from Pokémon Journeys: The Series, the sub-series of Pokémon the Series, I remember that sixteen out of Ash's current and former officially trained and/or bonded Pokémon, including:

1. Butterfree (as seen physically in the episode "This Could be the Start of Something Big!")
  2. Primeape
  3. Noctowl
  4. Larvitar
  5. Torkoal
  6. Ambipom
  7. Gliscor
  8. Gible
  9. Greninja (As seen only in his flashback as Frogadier in the episode "The Same Moon, Now and Forever!")
  10. Goodra (As seen only in his flashback as Goomy in the episode "The Same Moon, Now and Forever!")
  11. Lycanroc
  12. Nebby (nickname of Solgaleo)
  13. Naganadel
  14. Melmetal
  15. Lucario (As seen only on his group photo in "The Road Most Traveled!")
  16. Dracovish (As seen only on his group photo in "The Road Most Traveled!")

Now I wonder why you think that all of these that I have listed above didn't physically appear in any of the episodes from that epilogue sub-season of his? And were they mentioned in any of these? Please let me know, thanks.😉

Answers

• DazzlingMimikyu
    DazzlingMimikyu Member Posts: 7
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

This is a good observation. I'm not sure. What did you think of it as a whole?

• MrCarle

I enjoyed it.

• MajorBrendan
    MajorBrendan Member Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭✭
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 100 Likes 100 Agrees

Most likely the staff for the anime simply rushed everything only to wind up with a disappointing ending for the anime. All the more reason why Ash need to return to the anime As soon as possible.

• MrCarle

Well, guys. Despite his retirement from Pokémon the Series, along with his Pikachu, if you want the return from Ash Ketchum from the Japanese staff, do you think that he should make his own comeback as in his post-Journeys sub-series main continuity anime movie following the Japanese box office bomb of Secrets of the Jungle? If so, which of Ash's Pokémon do you think will be fit enough or otherwise too unfit for the storyline of his post-Journeys series main continuity anime movie? Why?

• D-ManBlue
    D-ManBlue Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    100 Agrees 100 Comments 5 Answers 25 Likes

Two main reasons (I think):

1. Some of these Pokemon (in the case of Ambipom or Primeape, and especially Greninja) are no longer in his care and circumstances would have to be written in a way that makes him come across them. And Ambipom isn't even officially his anymore. It belongs to Dawn.
    2. He owns so many Pokemon that it might have been a bit of a struggle to feature all of them in the span of a few episodes- the most forgettable ones ended up being dropped.