Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu. My review of the game.

The Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu game turned out to be a real disappointment. It's overly simplistic and lacks depth, making it boring for experienced players of the series. Bought it on difmark.com. The lack of fights with wild Pokémon and replacing them with a ball catching system makes the game's gameplay monotonous and childish. The graphics, although colorful, are not impressive considering the current standards. In addition, the limited number of available Pokémon and the lack of many features inherent in the main games of the series make Let's Go, Pikachu a boring and unworthy continuation of the legendary franchise.

Comments

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

It felt like an attempt to cash in on the Pokémon Go craze long after it had passed. I would not be opposed to introducing more involved catching mechanics to mainstream Pokémon games, though perhaps not the Pokémon Go ones and not as a replacement for battling wild Pokémon.

• Bolt_Boy25
    Bolt_Boy25 Member Posts: 137 ✭✭✭
    25 Likes 25 Agrees 100 Comments 25 LOLs

I loved the game. After coming back to it, Yeah hot garbage but great for younger me who's first real game it is. (I played red but barely knew what pokemon was then.)

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

I liked it. It was a remake of Yellow but fused with GO so it didn't have much, both in terms of story and gameplay. It looked amazing though, and pulled of things like following Pokémon better than the other Switch games. Definitely a more graphics focused game, but do you really expect a story from Kanto or good gameplay for GO?

Again though, the graphics and artstyle are amazing. Best of the Switch mainline games in terms of appearance.