Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Chien Pao ex is a bit too strong

2»

Comments

• PachirisuFan1
    PachirisuFan1 Member Posts: 187 ✭✭✭
    100 Comments 25 Likes 25 Agrees 5 Answers

honestly if you can shut off abilities or nix baxcalibur early enough (ideally before it's even evolved), you win. Hitting for weakness works too - I'm guessing it's a factor in origin dialga being more common recently despite both decks being inconsistent.

lost city is also nice to have because it gets harder to bring baxcalibur back into play if you take it out.

and yeah. you'll obviously see the same thing over and over in any game with pvp. People will use what they know works because the goal is usually to win. if you want variety then a competitive game is a terrible place to find it.

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 614 ✭✭✭✭
    250 Agrees 500 Comments 100 LOLs 100 Likes

Chien-Pao is a very bearable deck. People in this thread have already provided many ways to do it, whether it’s an entire deck, a tech card or two, or just a new target for Boss’s Orders. I can understand annoyance towards decks, but banning Chien-Pao ex is very extreme.

• Ampersundae
    Ampersundae Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
    25 Agrees 10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes

On a side note, I found it interesting that unlike other forums, I have no option to edit or delete my post.

I would have liked to have added that we have no choice but to ride this out. This is no fault of the Live team, but a balance issue may not have been recognized at the card design stage. I'm sure they'd love to have a bunch of cards highlighted instead of one above others. Everyone would love a diverse meta spread.

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 614 ✭✭✭✭
    250 Agrees 500 Comments 100 LOLs 100 Likes

Tbh now Charizard ex is the deck everyone is playing.