Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Iono

Galam15
Galam15 Member Posts: 96
First Anniversary 10 Comments Name Dropper 5 Likes

Is Iono's partner Pokémon actually Bellibolt or it could originally be Magnemite, judging by the hairclips she often wears though?

Comments

• D-ManBlue
    D-ManBlue Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    100 Agrees 5 LOLs 5 Answers 100 Comments

It's Bellibolt, as confirmed by a promo video released before the games came out.

Not sure she even uses a Magnemite or any of it's evolutions.

• jpeterson218095
    jpeterson218095 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

who knows i think its cool that she has bellibolt as her partner

• Galam15

Then again, partner Pokémon tends to be random considering it tends to be fluctuate time to time. That being said, I do want to get a plush of Iono but I do mind her partner pikeman being Bellibolt since I thought Bellibolt at the time has no pre-evolution, turns out Bellibolt has one in the form of Tadbulb. So I am wondering has Bellibolt been Iono's partner? It could have been Magnemite again, judging by the hairclips though?

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

I'm guessing the reason she has Magnemite harclips is because it suits her outfit more. Bellibolt is her partner, but it would look weird for her to have Bellibolt hairclips.

Plus, have them is better than having none because they're cute and suit her AND give her a distinguishable silhouette. Great character design.

• Galam15

Thank for explaining that to me. Just to clarify, are you sure that Bellibolt is her partner since partner Pokémon tends to be random considering it tends to be fluctuate time to time as shown in the anime and games as well? That being said, I do want to get a plush of Iono but I do mind her partner Pokemon being Bellibolt since I thought Bellibolt at the time has no pre-evolution, turns out Bellibolt has one in the form of Tadbulb. Then again, I do wonder has it always been her partner though?

• UnovanZorua

@Galam15 Tadbulb can be found near Levincia, so it probably has been her partner for a while, at least in canon. They introduced her with it, so it'll probably stay with her everywhere.

She does use a Mismagius too, but that's more for difficulty and terastallizing, and it isn't as memorable since we first saw her with Bellibolt. Don't be surprised if it appears in official art or merch, though.

• Galam15

I am not sure if I quite understand but besides Bellibolt, there could be other partner Pokémon that Iono has before Bellibolt. Like you mentioned, Mismagius and all the other Pokémon that she currently has on her team?

• UnovanZorua

With how much she likes it, and how close Tadbulb is to Levincia, it's probably been with her for a while at least. I can't guarantee it was her first Pokémon, but it's hinted to have been her partner for quite a bit.

Again, nothing's confirmed, so you can't really expect a 100% canon answer.

• Galam15

Thanks for clarifying. You are right that nothing is 100% canon yet and that all trainer and gym leaders could have different partners before, especially the first as well!