Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What’s the point of ranked?

What’s the point of ranked play? When I am sub 100 score yet I’m being matched up with players who are ranked 400 or higher.

doesn’t that defeat the purpose of ranked play? I wanna play with people in my skill level.

Comments

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments 500 Agrees 250 Likes 50 Answers

In your case it's that nobody stays that low for that long unless they're intentionally playing trash decks.

• Ampersundae
    Ampersundae Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
    25 Agrees 10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes

I'd love if we got a general idea of how many people are playing at the top tier. Of course I don't see them playing because I'm only in the Great Ball range, but I don't see moving past that in any upcoming month. Even if I were to do research and copy the best meta deck, it seems like a huge time investment.

I'd describe myself as a casual player, so I'd love to hear how many top tier hardcore players are out there, and if the rewards are worth it, or if it's just about being paired with players of your caliber. Personally I'm not a fan of the avatars, but if you get to the top rank, why not get something fancy like a crown or Arceus hat, shirt, or something?