Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What's the best thing for a beginner to do?

C1NN4B0Y
C1NN4B0Y Member Posts: 2
First Comment Photogenic

I just downloaded the game and I wanna get into the good battles as soon as possible. I've played a lot of TCG irl so I know how the game works, I'm just wondering what the fastest way is to get good decks and stuff.

Answers

• kot123456
    kot123456 Member Posts: 105 ✭✭✭
    100 Comments 25 Likes 25 Agrees 5 Answers

Fastest way? Buy codes. The free decks are a meme and it takes some credits to buy staple cards.

• snesualfrog
    snesualfrog Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment

code cards, I got a decent deck from 20 old code cards i had lying around. once i find my old stash, i'll be set. hope you have some, but they also go relatively cheap.

• uncomonfossil
    uncomonfossil Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    100 Comments 25 Likes 25 Agrees 5 Answers

There is no need to spend real money. Play the Charizard ex deck from the Basic Battle Pass & upgrade it as you get more cards. You progress through the tiers in the Battle Pass pretty quickly, which will get you a decent amount of resources.

• WheezingBard
    WheezingBard Member Posts: 3
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

Also a new player. Use your crystals on the premium battle pass, it's worth it. Like uncomonfossil says here:

Charizard ex is very powerful and you can get a pretty good win rate with it in the early tiers. It's one of my most common matchups; upgraded versions with cards like Pidgeot ex (which you can get from the battle pass) or Arceus VSTAR are pretty strong.

The basic Giratina VSTAR starter deck is also extremely powerful once you figure out the combos and invest in upgrades. Charizard ex is more aggro, Giratina VSTAR is more combo/control. I've been using those two decks to climb ladder and my win rate is currently about 65%; haven't had any trouble progressing through the early tiers.

TL;DR use the Charizard ex (battle pass) or Giratina VSTAR (starter) decks, play games, collect battle pass rewards, upgrade your decks.

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 614 ✭✭✭✭
    250 Agrees 500 Comments 100 LOLs 100 Likes

Also if you’re looking to buy codes Celebrations have a lot of duplicates that will give you extra credits.