Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

i quit this game

the V, Vmax EX, etc... are TOO powerfull.

Even trying to play with a deck at the same level, I simply die with 1 hit and the opponent's pokemon with more than 280 life giving 360 damage, there is simply no pokemon that survives or time to "prepare" a pokemon that is strong enough to cause damage.

In TGC Online the vesus battles were much cooler and there were no pokemons so strong that they killed you in the 2nd round with 200 damage.

The matchmaking system does not work as expected either, I simply give up.

Comments

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 Answers 100 LOLs 500 Comments 250 Agrees
    edited June 2023 #2

I agree about the matchmaking it's bad in TCG Live.

But about the damage in TGC Online there were many decks able to do bigger damage numbers then that on Standard/Expanded even in 2nd turn (like meloetta with tablets decks, etc.)...

Unless you are talking about Legacy or Theme Decks format, if that's the case I totally understand you, that's a missing feature.

• TripleRaichu333
    TripleRaichu333 Member Posts: 10
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

Haha, I remember when I took step into the competitive format of TGC Online. What a Nightmare lol.

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 587 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Comments 250 Agrees 100 Likes 100 LOLs

@ShintaroBRL

If you're looking not do die in one hit, consider playing Wigglytuff ex when it comes out in Scarlet&Violet: 151. It has 350 health when a Special Energy is attached, which pairs nicely with...

As both of these cards are Wigglytuffs, they will have a common evolutionary chain, which clearly works well for Gardevoir ex decks. There will also be a tool card that comes out that makes the Stage 1 Pokémon it is attached to take 30 less damage from attacks, so your Wigglytuff ex can effectively have 380 HP. Wigglytuff ex is a colorless type, so it is compatible with Cheren's Care to heal it.

Wigglytuff ex:

/Ability/ If this Pokémon has any Special Energy attached, it gets +100 HP.

[C][C][C] Friend Tackle 90+

If you played a Supporter card from your hand during this turn, this attack does 90 more damage.

I hope this helped! Sorry all the images were varying in size, idk how that happened.

• mtruong15
    mtruong15 Member Posts: 4
    First Comment First Answer

the game moves a lot faster now =) it took me a while to get over it. i was so used to how the game used to be played. when you learn the current 2023 standard, it is pretty fun.

• bugman32
    bugman32 Member Posts: 29
    5 Likes Photogenic 5 Agrees 10 Comments

u just have get used to it, learn how to get up before your enemy

• PoryDon
    PoryDon Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic

PTCGO was the only perfect game otherwise, touch grass and go play in person. Beats tumors in your hands or your phone exploding 😅

• _EiS_
    _EiS_ Member Posts: 10
    First Comment 5 Agrees

A friend of mine and me created a drafting system to play the Game (physically).

We banned V and VMax and played the old "basic, phase 1, phase 2 evolving games" only. You might remember, these are the the ones when a basic PKMN with ~100 or more HP and doing more than50 dmd is cool and phase 2 has ~170 HP. :D

It's with all card games: New cards always have to be better than old ones but time comes when they are too powerfull which even breaks the whole game mechanic forever. Or even worse, new mechanics get created like this "Exodia combine 4 cards-like" VUnion crap. It happened for Heatstone (don't play it anymore) and PKMN TCG too. Usually this marks the end of such games. I was hoping that the new cards would get less powerfull again. Due to cycling we would have gone back to the old times. When I heard that ex will be phase 2, I thought they made it ... but they failed. R.I.P. PKMN TCG.