Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Why did Dexit Really Happen?

13»

Answers

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

"Some Pokémon are unbalanced in the competitive setting a minority of players even participate in, and it would be nice if the company in charge of those events restricted their usage for said events.

"But no, instead let's STOP ANY PLAYER USING THEM IN ANY CONTEXT THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE GAME. Remember to keep paying your Home subscriptions. Maybe you can transfer them next generation."

Stop letting them off the hook. Do not use one bad or lazy practice to excuse another bad practice.

• Flametix
    Flametix Member Posts: 545 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees 100 LOLs 100 Likes

My main point was that the Regulation formats in SV have not been cherry picking specific bans like RiqMoran claimed, and Regulation D has been following the same rules that we've always had. The SWSH series 6 you're talking about was one of its special gimmick seasons, and this concept dates back to XY where Battle Spot Special Season 6 originally banned the top 20 used pokemon, or Season 5 where the ladder became 6v6 singles with no items, or Season 4 where the ladder used Inverse Battle rules. The difference between these gimmick ladders and SV's regulations is that the Worlds will actually be played under Regulation D, while VGC's official events continued to play under the usual Series 5 rules even after Series 6 was announced and it would only ever be played ingame on Battle Stadium Doubles.

The Gen 5 Chatot ban was also there unchanged for the entirety of Gen 5 and was more about stopping Chatter from going online rather than balancing the game.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

Having read through the thread again, I may have been a little hard on you, @Flametix . You were not necessarily defending the exclusion of Pokémon from the games. You were instead criticising VGC regulations. The two were not mutually exclusive. If that is the case, I apologise.

I am not upset with you. I am upset with the removal of certain Pokémon from the games, and the endless parade of excuses and justifications from fans (not even people paid to make and sell the games).

• Flametix
    Flametix Member Posts: 545 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees 100 LOLs 100 Likes

@puplover1118 As I mentioned, Series 6 was only played on the online ladder and was never used in any official VGC events that were played after it was announced. The first Player's Cup was played on Series 5 rules, and the next official event Player's Cup 2 was played on Series 7 rules, and the concept of Series 6 was never revisited afterwards. I want to reiterate that these gimmicks for the online ladders have been ongoing for almost a decade now. Sun and Moon even had a Metronome Battle format for Season 15, but nobody is arguing that Metronome is how gamefreak intends the game to be balanced since it's just for fun.