Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Weird idea I had, but...

Roadman77
Roadman77 Member Posts: 2
Photogenic First Comment

Months ago, I had an idea for a story that's a bit more fantasy-inpsired. Pokémon are summoned from special weapons, Wulfric is the "main" playable character etc., the region is mostly snow & tundra etc.

Idk. What do you all think?

Comments

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

Why Wulfric? Is he that popular? Is the world clamouring for the Wulfric-centric game?

What do you mean "summoned from special weapons"? How doees it differ practically from using Pokeballs?

• Roadman77
    Roadman77 Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment

By "special weapons", I meant things like swords/staffs/hammers that can store Pokémon similarly to Pokéballs, except they can also be used for combat and exploration. Their effects/function could change depending on the typing the Pokémon inside has. When a Pokémon is sent out to fight, the weapon turns back to normal.

Also, I know Wulfric isn't that popular, but I chose him because I...kind of like him.

• SachMat
    SachMat Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment

Pretty nice but if it was in a thundra themed map would pokemon like sunflora spawn?

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

Okay, the usable weapon element does change the gameplay somewhat. Could be interesting.

Would you be fighting humans? Pokémon? Something else?

It's fine to like Wulfric, and I suppose he does seem suited to an icey environment. I don't understand his connection to the rest of your scenario though. Is he getting isekai'd? And again, I am not sure he has much mainstream appeal.

• Elberta
    Elberta Member Posts: 91 ✭✭
    25 Agrees First Answer Name Dropper 10 Comments

I feel like the weapons' effects/ functions shouldn't change depending on the typing of the Pokemon, otherwise, there's going to be too much combination and is going to be too much confusing near the endgame. It should be more like the typing of Pokemon depends on what weapon should be use to capture it and the effects/ functions shouldn't change. For example, you can only capture a flying type Pokemon or a Pokemon that flies/ levitates in a balloon, or a water type in a fishing boat, fishing net, etc.

• D-ManBlue
    D-ManBlue Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    100 Agrees 5 LOLs 5 Answers 100 Comments

Look up the Fyrun region on YouTube- he has a mechanic similar to the weapons you described.

• Bolt_Boy25
    Bolt_Boy25 Member Posts: 137 ✭✭✭
    25 Likes 25 Agrees 100 Comments 25 LOLs

@Roadman77 Can I put an fidough in a hammer, then have bread hammer?

• Eremas
    Eremas Member Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    100 LOLs 100 Likes 100 Agrees 500 Comments

There's an anime called shaman king that this idea would be a copy of.