Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

The Journey Begins. The Quest to 100% them all.

I have been lucky enough to have been playing these games since April of 2004, receiving Pokémon Ruby on Easter day that year. It has been a wonderful escape for me. A place I can retreat to when life gets in the way. About three years ago I decided I am going to 100% every single title, all 37 from Red to Violet (as of July of 2023). This will include a few things.

. A complete living dex in every game (From Bulbasaur to Iron Leaves!)

. Any post game content (100 win streaks in battle towers/contests etc...)

. If there's a trainer card we're getting the highest possible (Already got Gold in ruby)

. Each game will have a specially planned team of six to get me through the game.

This is how I love playing this series. In the last few years I have learned so much about these games. Their quirks, secrets and occasional inconveniences. And even though I have a lot to go I have so much done already. How does everyone else play these games? It's strange I've been playing it like this for so long I can't remember how to play a Pokémon game just casually but that doesn't bother me. Can't wait to see where it all takes me!

Comments

• Elberta
    Elberta Member Posts: 91 ✭✭
    25 Agrees First Answer Name Dropper 10 Comments

Best of luck!

• Trattly
    Trattly Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Everyone's approach to playing Pokémon games can be unique and varied. Some players enjoy completing the main storyline and capturing a few favorite Pokémon along the way. Others may focus on competitive battling, participating in online battles and tournaments. There are also players who take on the challenge of completing a living dex or completing various in-game achievements like you're doing.

• Caleb627
    Caleb627 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic

Good Luck!

• GeneralScout
    GeneralScout Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
    Name Dropper 5 Agrees 5 Likes 10 Comments

Sounds like a hard but pretty cool challenge you are doing. I wish you the best of luck on getting every pokemon to complete the living dexs from all of the games! I'd probably get two or three game dexs complete and then just give up from getting bored.