Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Taking a prize despite opponent not having any benched pokemon left

I knock out my opponent's active pokemon and they have no benched pokemon left. In that case, it does not matter how many prizes I have left. I win no matter what. Why does the client force me to take a prize? This is a waste of time.

Answers

• PachirisuFan1
    PachirisuFan1 Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 25 Likes First Anniversary 100 Comments

If you give it time there will probably be some reason for the semantics of taking the prize vs not to actually matter, but I do know it's useful if you have a daily task to take (x) number of prizes.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

Because according to the rules you take a prize after a KO. You can argue that it should be automatic, but taking a prize is a necessary part of the rules due to the possibility of ties.

• iribar7
    iribar7 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Name Dropper

I've not been playing this game for long. Though I'd say if I have to make a choice, but no matter what, I win immediately afterwards, then that's not really a choice at all. So no reason for making me choose. I haven't encountered the prize-taking-quest yet, but I think I see no reason why you would not get prizes added to your quest counter if they opponent had no benched pokemon left.

If I knock out my opponent's last pokemon, then there won't be a tie. So no reason why this should not be automated.

• PachirisuFan1
    PachirisuFan1 Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 25 Likes First Anniversary 100 Comments

If you use an attack that knocks out your own pokemon, but also the opponent's, and both players' benches are empty, then yes, the prize count would matter. Rare as that scenario might be

• Gangrils
    Gangrils Member Posts: 21
    10 Comments Name Dropper 5 Agrees

Which can also be solved technically without further ado!

• Gangrils
    Gangrils Member Posts: 21
    10 Comments Name Dropper 5 Agrees

Oh yes, it's incredibly annoying. Above all, there are players who like to take so long that it takes a lot of time. Automation should come as soon as possible! There is unnecessary salt in the soup.