Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Recommended Team building software

D-ManBlue
D-ManBlue Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
100 Agrees 5 LOLs 5 Answers 100 Comments

I build Pokemon teams as a hobby- any software you'd recommend using? I have some websites I use but I want to consider other options.

Comments

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

Out of interest, what software or websites do you already use? Are there any you recommend avoiding or have found unfit for purpose?

Knowing that might help avoid people recommending things you already use or have tried and may help others discover something useful themselves.

• D-ManBlue

@TheJeffers My Pokemon Team is a website I already use, and I have Oak Dex on my phone.

• TheJeffers

I see.

I have always struggled to get into competitive Pokémon and team building is where I always get stuck. I often feel overwhelmed by the range of options in any strategy and often give up rather than settling on cuts.

I have similar problems in TCGs to be honest. I want to put every card I like in my deck, and while I have no trouble collecting cards I want to play, I find it difficult to cut cards out and optimise a strategy. Like Pokémon teams half built, I have so many piles of a hundred or so odd cards for deck concepts I never finish refining.

Perhaps I will look into your recommendations. They might help me finally make headway.

• D-ManBlue

@TheJeffers I should clarify that i'm not really a competitive player. I just think it's fun to build teams.

• TheJeffers

@D-ManBlue That's fine. There are more reasons to build teams than just playing competitive. The fact that you can see the process through is encouraging.