Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What's Your Ideal Mechanic?

D-ManBlue
D-ManBlue Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
100 Agrees 5 LOLs 5 Answers 100 Comments

Describe your own mechanic for a Pokemon game, in a similar vein to Mega Evolution, Z-Moves, etc.

My mechanic is Elemental Channeling, and it ideally would take place in a region where Pokemon battles take place as a one-on-one affair similar to Pokken Tournament.

The idea behind the mechanic is that each type is sorted into one of four elements (based in Greek mythology), and a Pokemon can change into any one of the types associated with the element of their own type. (E.g.- Ground type Pokemon are associated with Earth, and can change into other Earth-associated types like Rock or Steel)

Comments

• Mokmoon785327
    Mokmoon785327 Member Posts: 5
    Photogenic First Comment

How about a mechanic called spectral imprints? These imprints could hold the essence of legendary Pokemon from the past. If you were to use them, the active Pokemon would gain the respective legendaries "signature move." This idea would fit perfectly in a Pokemon game about the past (So kind of like Pokemon Legends Arceus)

• Elberta
    Elberta Member Posts: 91 ✭✭
    25 Agrees First Answer Name Dropper 10 Comments

If I get a game mechanic, mine would be like a roulette system in Battle Arcade, since I like safe gambling.

The roulette system has different roulette, depending on how many gym badges you have, and the more gym badges you have, the higher chance of getting a good loot that may or may not be useful in the battle. For example, with no badges and challenge a trainer and is losing, you can spin the roulette, you can get Awakenings (or things like that), and Potions that will immediately be applied to a Pokemon in the party (to avoid people saving up). With greater number of badges, the roulette will also start to offer Max Revive or Hyper Potions. This mechanic can only be use once in boss battles, like rival battle, and gym leader battle. The roulette can also be switched depending on the difficulty you want to play a battle in, like if you have 7 gym badges, you can still do the 0 gym badge roulette.