Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Most Embarrassing Pokemon Mistakes

D-ManBlue
D-ManBlue Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
100 Agrees 5 LOLs 5 Answers 100 Comments

In your early Pokemon playing career, what is something you did or believed that you just look back and facepalm about.

For me, my first Master Ball catch was a Foongus. I don't really look back on it with that much embarrassment, as I had no real plans on what else to use it on, but it certainly shows how ignorant I was.

Comments

• cpm1
    cpm1 Member Posts: 349 ✭✭✭
    25 Answers Second Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Agrees

being in pokeball tier in ranked battles.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

I can't really think of anything too embarrassing I did in the games themselves. Probably just brute forcing everything with my starter, as most kids did/do before I saw the value in training a team with decent type coverage.

I went to the trouble of playing through Blue and trading a Pokémon with cut over from Red so that I could skip the SS Anne and come back with surf to use strength on the infamous truck and catch "Mewthree". In my defense this was before the days of a ubiquitous internet and I was a primary schooler. Plus Mew turned out to be real. So why not Mewthree?

I think my most regrettable choice was trading away one of the two base set Charizards I opened in the TCG, and writing my name on the one I kept. I am much more cautious and protective of my trading cards these days.

• Elberta
    Elberta Member Posts: 91 ✭✭
    25 Agrees First Answer Name Dropper 10 Comments

I deleted a Shiny in Pokemon Go by complete accident. It was a Shiny Gible, please don't hate me.

• Funboy35
    Funboy35 Member Posts: 62 ✭✭
    Photogenic 5 Likes 5 Agrees 5 LOLs

During the Champion Cup battle against Hop, I called out Earthquake against his Corviknight. Of course Hop quipped about my mistake!

• Beauchu
    Beauchu Member Posts: 43
    Name Dropper First Answer 5 Agrees 5 LOLs

I accidentally killed a shiny...

• ItsMeLucas64
    ItsMeLucas64 Member Posts: 12
    Photogenic First Comment Name Dropper

choosing blaze kick instead of pyro ball. to be honest i used to do that so much until i accidentally picked pyro ball and its kinda like venasaurs solar beam.

• Eremas
    Eremas Member Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    100 LOLs 100 Likes 100 Agrees 500 Comments

Playing gen 2 I tricked my brother saying a pokemon has to stay in one turn to get EVs. It was a mistake because I still revert to thinking about it when I play.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

Pokémon Trading Card Game Live

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 690 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Comments 250 Agrees 25 Answers 100 Likes

for years I thought Chansey was a fairy type and still get confused by it

• Pokeplay219
    Pokeplay219 Member Posts: 32 ✭✭
    5 Likes 5 Agrees First Anniversary 10 Comments

I did not learn the difference between physical and special moves for probably a year into my first Pokémon game. I kept using flamethrower on my Incineroar and being confused when it didn’t do that much damage.