Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What is your favorite mainline Pokémon game?

We've gone through nine generations of Pokémon, and each person has a favorite. What is your favorite mainline Pokémon game and why?

(also including Legends Arceus)

I want to see other people's takes on their favorites.

What is your favorite mainline Pokémon game? 19 votes

Red/Blue/Yellow/Green + Fire Red/Leaf Green
0% 0 votes
Gold/Silver/Crystal + Heart Gold/Soul Silver
21% 4 votes
Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald + Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire
5% 1 vote
Diamond/Pearl/Platinum + Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl
10% 2 votes
Black/White/Black 2/White 2
21% 4 votes
X/Y
5% 1 vote
Sun/Moon/Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon
10% 2 votes
Sword/Shield
5% 1 vote
Legends: Arceus
10% 2 votes
Scarlet/Violet
10% 2 votes

Comments

• Flametix
    Flametix Member Posts: 545 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees 100 LOLs 100 Likes

Gen 2 was the peak of Pokémon. Without gen 2 we would not have the special stats, breeding, held items, shinies, apricorn balls, radios, rematches, trainers with names, the Steel and Dark types, box legendaries, animated front sprites, the day night and weekday cycle, Mystery Gift, mail, being able to move pokemon in boxes, and the Battle Tower. Crystal was also the first game with internet connectivity with the mobile adapter.

• High_Summoner
    High_Summoner Member Posts: 7
    First Comment Photogenic

USUM specifically is my favorite, I love mantine surf, I love worm hole ride, I love scouting and choosing from hundreds of multi battle partners in battle tree, I love the characters, and no I don't think they are done worse, I also love how tons of old features were not removed but changed. Badges are Z moves, gyms are Pokemon habitats, gym leaders are alpha Pokemon, HMs are rides, battle points are beach points, champion battles are title defense, Pokemon amie is Pokemon refresh, dream world is pokepelago, and royal avenue is festival plaza. The game feels like a classic RPG enjoyer's ultimate vacation. It's convenient, it's easy while at the same time offering plenty of challenge, and has great gameplay variety, and every Pokemon and every battle mechanic from previous games is here, as well as new ones.

• cpm1
    cpm1 Member Posts: 349 ✭✭✭
    25 Answers Second Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Agrees

Scarlet and violet

• jbryaniii
    jbryaniii Member Posts: 76 ✭✭
    Name Dropper 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Answer

SUN AND MOON ROCK!!!