Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What’s all the differences between the pokeball plus + and other versions?

I preordered the pokeball plus +, never had all the others so I’m curious about all the different features.

Answers

• RSRJunHo
    RSRJunHo Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment

This is a long one and as my first post here I hope it helps. I believe this is everything between the 3 different Pokémon Go Plus devices. You can find the information in it's entirety in the Support section of Pokémon as well as Nintendo website.

The Pokémon Go Plus can catch Pokémon and collect items from stops by pushing the button. If a Pokémon appears it has a green light. If it is one you haven't caught yet it'll flash yellow. The original Pokémon Go Plus only uses regular PokeBalls. As for Pokestops it will flash blue.

The PokeBall Plus acts in the same way, however, it allows you to walk with a Pokémon you put into it. It will also count steps, hatch eggs and help collect Buddy Candy. It can also be used as a joy-con when connected to the Nintendo Switch. When a Pokémon is inside the ball, as you walk around it would vibrate and make the Pokémon cries and if you push the button it "interacted" with it. Also, if purchased brand new, it came with a Mew for Let's Go!

Now lastly, the Pokémon Go Plus + (personally I would have named it the Pokémon Dream Radar as a shout out for Gen V) When connected to your phone it will automatically throw PokeBalls, as well as Great and Ultra unlike the two listed above. It can also automatically spin Pokestops. This is the device that will connect to the upcoming Pokémon Sleep. Push the button when you lay down for bed, leave the device nearby on attached to your pillow with the included clip and it will track your sleep. Pikachu even gives out differe cries depending if it's time for bed or to wake up with a few other options as well like string alarms or singing you a lullaby. If bought brand new inside will be a special Pikachu with a night hat! Connect it to the Pokémon Go app to get extra berries as well as a special research for a Night Cap Snorlax. Last thing, I believe, if you have it connected to Pokémon Go when you encounter a Pokémon you haven't seen before (or caught I think) Pikachu will cry out to let you know.

• Hwa-Jae
    Hwa-Jae Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

The Pokémon Go Plus can catch Pokémon and collect items from stops by pushing the button. If a Pokémon appears it has a green light. If it is one you haven't caught yet it'll flash yellow. The original Pokémon Go Plus only uses regular PokeBalls. As for Pokestops it will flash blue.

The PokeBall Plus acts in the same way, however, it allows you to walk with a Pokémon you put into it. It will also count steps, hatch eggs and help collect Buddy Candy. It can also be used as a joy-con when connected to the Nintendo Switch. When a Pokémon is inside the ball, as you walk around it would vibrate and make the Pokémon cries and if you push the button it "interacted" with it. Also, if purchased brand new, it came with a Mew for Let's Go!

• Quick_Draw
    Quick_Draw Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment

Pokéball Plus + is a flat disk like Pokéball. It has auto catching, auto-pokéstop spinning, and works for Pokémon Sleep. It isn't compatible with the switch. You get some special things for GO and Sleep and it costs around $70.

Pokéball Plus is something that can work with go, is switch compatible (it was released for Let's GO) and looks like a Pokéball. The Plus + is easier to carry around. It comes with 1 free Mew for Let's Go or SS and costs $99.

Pokémon GO plus and the Go-tcha Evolve are third party products. Cheaply made and no benefits outside of having it on your wrist.

That's all, that's basically it.