Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

How Old is Too Old

Just to preface, I'm 41 years old, and I played Pokemon TCG for years when it first came out. I'm getting back into it and made a few decks, but is it weird for someone my age to compete. Just didn't want to show up to a game and seem like a weirdo.

Comments

• FRED54123
    FRED54123 Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic

I' say there is no too old. Ash doesn't even have an age. Also my grandma still alive and she plays. (She sucks at it but still.) And you shouldn't care what someone else thinks. You do you and they do them.

• CHEEPSHEEPS0
    CHEEPSHEEPS0 Member Posts: 12
    10 Comments Name Dropper

play until you are nothing but a bag of dust

the world is yours !

• 10types
    10types Member Posts: 238 ✭✭✭
    25 Agrees 5 Answers 25 Likes Name Dropper

probably 30. it gets kinda sus when a random 30 year old is playing with a random 10 year old is pretty weird. Playing with your family is pretty normal at any age tho

• Ninijatt
    Ninijatt Member Posts: 4
    First Comment

• Ninijatt
    Ninijatt Member Posts: 4
    First Comment

There was an 80 year old woman competing at NAIC this year.

There's no such thing as too old

• JoeBoe-kun
    JoeBoe-kun Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

well Pokemon itself has different league divisions for different age groups if you want to play competitively you would be playing with adults only

• Mrgamerdude200
    Mrgamerdude200 Member Posts: 10
    Photogenic First Comment

i think as long as you have fun it doesnt matter how old you are.🙂

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

It doesn't matter. If it's not hurting anyone else, do as you please.

Naturally Pokémon fans are aging up all the time. Those who were children when the franchise started are in their 30s and up now. While it ostensibly began as a child focused franchise and it would have been perhaps more unusual seeing adults playing at that time, it has become normalised as those same fans have grown.