Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What's the Biggest Issue You Had with a Pokemon anime season's writings?

D-ManBlue
D-ManBlue Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
100 Agrees 5 LOLs 5 Answers 100 Comments

What's the biggest gripe you had with a Pokemon anime season's writing, and how would you have gone about fixing it?

Personally, I think Black and White aren't great, and they should have been given the Journeys treatment instead of being what it is, and Ash should have won the Sinnoh League.

Answers

• cobaltbuizel
    cobaltbuizel Member Posts: 11
    5 Agrees 10 Comments First Answer Name Dropper

Journeys should not have been primarily an episodic show it just didn't work

• Azaruspokerus
    Azaruspokerus Member Posts: 23
    First Answer Photogenic 5 LOLs 10 Comments

my least favorite parts of the anime is , Ash losing to a Snivy, Ash losing the Sinnoh league, and Ash losing the Kalos league to Alain, only for the writers to later cut his power in half, and make him lose to Leon, which is basically impossible, by anime standards, and game standards. all in all, the anime has been dumb a few times in the past, but it seems like their fixing it with Pokemon horizons, or at least that's what I've heard. sorry for raging about alain so much, it just felt like they should of made Alain the world champion, or at least some other notable character, like Tobias or Paul, or, more likely, Cynthia

• Pokeplay219
    Pokeplay219 Member Posts: 32 ✭✭
    5 Likes 5 Agrees First Anniversary 10 Comments

I did not like how powerful they made Leon compared to the other champions. I feel like they should've at least made his matches a little closer, rather than having him simply sweep all his opponents.

• MajorBrendan
    MajorBrendan Member Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭✭
    100 Answers 100 Likes First Anniversary 1000 Comments

Journeys definitely felt like a random globetrotter

• D-ManBlue
    D-ManBlue Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    100 Agrees 5 LOLs 5 Answers 100 Comments

@Pokeplay219 Yeah Leon being so OP compared to the other champions rubbed me the wrong way, though that may partly be due to him already leaving a bad taste in my mouth due to his Sw/Sh writing.