Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What do you think of a Pokémon fighting-RPG for a great idea for a video game?

MrCarle
MrCarle Member Posts: 128
10 Comments Second Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Likes

Okay, guys. So here's my idea for the new Pokémon video game, whether or not Pokkén-esque: I think that a Pokémon fighting-RPG might be my own great idea for a new Pokémon video game, whether or not Pokkén-esque, whose story mode is in which the player assumes the role of a main protagonist Pokémon boy or girl Trainer hero, and in the fighting game battle screen, the one that replaces of a turn-based RPG battle system, is in which the player takes control of their playable character Pokémon to pit against the opposing fightable NPC/CPU Trainers' Pokémon, leveling them up to fully evolve them into their extremely taller, heavier, stronger forms by aging them into their older life stages in their attempt to become a Pokémon regional league champion/master. What do you think of this idea? Why? Please let me know, thanks.😉

Answers

• DylanVsTheWorld
    DylanVsTheWorld Member Posts: 82 ✭✭
    25 Likes Name Dropper First Answer 5 Agrees

It’s a cool idea, actually is there any RPGs that have fighting-game style battles? I don’t play many fighting games but that sounds like a pretty original idea.

It would be interesting to see how moves are implemented. I bet you could do a lot of interesting combos using certain moves, and maybe chaining the right combo could add status effects like making the enemy Pokémon confused or paralyzed.