Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

The Journey Begins. The Quest to 100% them all.

I have been lucky enough to have been playing these games since April of 2004, receiving Pokémon Ruby on Easter day that year. It has been a wonderful escape for me. A place I can retreat to when life gets in the way. About three years ago I decided I am going to 100% every single title, all 37 from Red to Violet (as of July of 2023). This will include a few things.

. A complete living dex in every game (From Bulbasaur to Iron Leaves!)

. Any post game content (100 win streaks in battle towers/contests etc...)

. If there's a trainer card we're getting the highest possible (Already got Gold in ruby)

. Each game will have a specially planned team of six to get me through the game.

This is how I love playing this series. In the last few years I have learned so much about these games. Their quirks, secrets and occasional inconveniences. And even though I have a lot to go I have so much done already. How does everyone else play these games? It's strange I've been playing it like this for so long I can't remember how to play a Pokémon game just casually but that doesn't bother me. Can't wait to see where it all takes me!

Comments

• theBingoo
    theBingoo Member Posts: 16
    5 Agrees 10 Comments Photogenic

what an undertaking! good luck (especially with the battle tower streaks) and happy catching!

• Yoshipro62
    Yoshipro62 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

If you plan to get the national dex for the Generation 6 and 7 games, you might be familiar with the unusable gts and Festival Plaza's less than good trading functions in Gen 7. Here's a useful tip: Route 132, West of Pacifidlog Town in ORAS, you can find wild Horsea (as well as Seadra via Super Rod), both with a 5% chance of holding a Dragon Scale. This is important, as Kingdra, besides being a highly desired pokemon, is required to complete the Hoenn Dex. Using the Dexnav, you can exclusively catch ones with dragon scales (i average 1-3 minutes per seadra) and trade them on the GTS for the more difficult pokemon to obtain, as well as fully evolved pokemon. This will make the grind a lot more bearable, and allow you to get that coveted Scizor that makes the Alola dex so annoying to complete.

Besides Kingdra, There are a few other pokemon that can be traded for high value mons within minutes on the GTS:

Magby: Holds Magmarizer, located at a Mirage Mountain North of Mossdeep

Elekid: Holds Electirizer, located at a Mirage Mountain South of Route 129

Huntail: Obtain Deep Sea Teeth from wild Carvanha/Sharpedo

Gorebyss: Obtain Deep Sea Scales from wild Relicanth or the Chinchou line

Steelix/Scizor: Onix in Granite Cave, Scyther from X/Y, Obtain Metal Coats from wild Skarmory on Route 113

Slowking/Politoed: Obtain King's Rocks from wild Hariyama in Victory Road

Milotic: Grow Blue berries in the Route 123 Berry Farm and Boost Feeba's beauty by 25 points, then level it up once. Pokeblock = 1 point, Pokeblock+ = 2 points. To maximize Pokeblock+'s, use 1-2 weakness reduction berries per blend. In a blend of 4 berries, you can use up to 2 Non-Blue berries without the berries color being changed (1 per color).

I hope this helps.