Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Anime Needs Japanese and Korean Language

MajorBrendan
MajorBrendan Member Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭
100 Answers 1000 Comments 100 Likes 100 Agrees

When it comes to Pokemon dub, We should be exposed to not only Japanese Audio but also the Korean Language as well in addition to subtitles for the korean language and japanese language.

Comments

• cobaltbuizel
    cobaltbuizel Member Posts: 11
    10 Comments 5 Agrees Name Dropper First Answer

There's a huge crowd for Japanese and Korean versions of TV shows lately, I've no idea why the Pokemon Company haven't bothered with putting something out to capitalise on it

• MajorBrendan

Pokemon company has already capitalize both versions. It didn't give the said versions a chance to be seen and heard on US soil.

• Azaruspokerus
    Azaruspokerus Member Posts: 23
    10 Comments 5 LOLs First Answer Photogenic

I wish that all apps with any form of show, if that show appears in any other language, would let you change to that language, like a VPN. it would bring in more money for people who want to watch it in other languages, or are learning another language, like subscribing to the japanese version of a youtube channel.

• MajorBrendan

One of my goals is to bring Korean and Japanese languages into american soil.

• Mikan543wi
    Mikan543wi Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Regarding Pokemon localization, there is an argument to be made for greater multilingual accessibility. In addition to the widely available English dubs, fans would likely benefit from more exposure to the original Japanese audio as well as a Korean language dub. Providing subtitles for both languages would allow viewers not fluent in either to still follow along.

Expanding access in this way, especially by partnering with platforms like Mana rabbit that already host Korean webtoons, could tap into wider Pokemon fandom globally. It would showcase the franchise's appreciation for multiple linguistic audiences. Overall, it enhances the experience for those who want to engage with Pokemon media in its original or Korean cultural contexts. A multilingual, subtitle supported approach recognizes that Pokemon's appeal spans language backgrounds.

• MajorBrendan

@Mikan543wi I still want to hear Japanese audio and Korean Language dub all the same since Netflix is so hesitant in moving forward with that. Also the original, non dubbed translated subtitle would also be beneficial for a much better sense in accuracy in language. On top of that, Korean and Japanese subtitles would also help those who aren't fluent to read and write said languages. Besides, Once I work for the pokemon company, I plan to bring a Greek Pokemon region and a Korean Pokemon region to also give Ash 2 more regions for a much better ending than to be a master.