Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What was your first wild, non Story related, Shiny Pokémon?

Comments

• Flanime
    Flanime Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic 5 Likes

I caught a shiny Quagsire in an Ultra wormhole in Ultra Moon and immediately put it on my team since I didn't have a water type

• Beauchu
    Beauchu Member Posts: 43
    Name Dropper First Answer 5 Agrees 5 LOLs

full odds shiny Zubat in Brilliant Diamond

• scotty774
    scotty774 Member Posts: 21
    5 Likes 5 Agrees 10 Comments Photogenic

If we're only counting ones that we actually caught, my first shiny encounter was a shiny Duskull inside of Mt. Pyre in ORAS. I've struggled to find it in my boxes ever since, but I greatly hope I can find it again someday.

• Jeiymz
    Jeiymz Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment

I found a random shiny scyther in the Pokemon Crystal Safari Zone ... Unfortunately, being the safari zone, within a few attempts of trying to catch it, it fled ... I'm not even sure what my next shiny was after that. I've never had a lot of luck with them.

• ShinyElgyem
    ShinyElgyem Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment

Shiny Swablu in Pokemon Emerald

• blueoakster
    blueoakster Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment

a purrloin in pokemon white. it was full odds and i immediately caught it in an ultra ball. i didnt immediately save though and my mom's friend's kid who i was forced to hang out with was begging me for a turn. my mom made me give her my ds and then, for some reason, she turned it off when she was done. keep in mind that the light was still blue, so the system was nowhere near dead. to my horror, she didnt know that you were supposed to save and i lost my shiny purrloin. a few years later, i found a shiny oricorio in pokemon moon and i made sure to save when i caught it

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

I didn't even know shinies or Pokerus were things until gen 4. I had never encountered one in the previous games, other than the shiny Gyarados, but I believed that was a unique form at the time. Then I hatched a Cyndaquil I was breeding for trade and it came out shiny. I looked it up afterwards.

First shiny in the wild? I can't even remember. I think I got some fish in a replay of XY some years ago.

I got a shiny Espeon in Area Zero in Violet, which was neat, but I kind of wish its pallette didn't make it look seasick.

• Scientist_Fauna
    Scientist_Fauna Member Posts: 5
    Photogenic First Comment

Safari Zone Magnemite in Heartgold

• salamisandwich
    salamisandwich Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

first full-odds shiny i got was ekans in ultrasun

my real actual first shiny was either stunfisk or quagsire from ultra space but i traded quagsire on the gts for slakoth (i regret this)

• TURTLEEEEEE
    TURTLEEEEEE Member Posts: 49
    Photogenic Name Dropper 5 Likes First Anniversary

My first Shiny was a Gible that I found in Area Zero in Violet. I had never encountered a Shiny before, since this was my first time playing the Pokemon games. Luckily, I already knew what Shiny Gible looked like (I'm a Shiny nerd BTW), and caught it immidiately. I turned it into an Lv. 100 Garchomp named Chomp. Later, I returned to Area Zero and found a Shiny Garganacl.