Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What was your first wild, non Story related, Shiny Pokémon?

Comments

• Dedenne90524
    Dedenne90524 Member Posts: 337 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 25 Agrees 5 Answers 25 Likes

A shiny Snivy from Pokémon go. My first mainline game shiny was a shiny Skiddo from Pokémon Scarlet.

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 690 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Comments 250 Agrees 25 Answers 100 Likes

Litwick in Pokémon Go, first full odds shiny was a Galarian Ponyta the next day

• LunarFlameMage3
    LunarFlameMage3 Member Posts: 9
    First Comment

My first ever shiny was a blue Voltorb in the trap tiles of Team Rockets Mahogany Town Base, directly after the Red Gyarados story event in Pokémon Silver. I managed to catch it and named them Sonic after the blue blur of a hedgehog himself, since Sonic does ball up to spin dash. I wound up using the weak thing just for the cool factor.

• D-ManBlue
    D-ManBlue Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    100 Agrees 5 LOLs 5 Answers 100 Comments

Don't quite remember, but I think it was either Lombre, Quagsire, or Yanmega- as Ultra Wormhole encounters in Ultra Sun.

• GrayAnt214
    GrayAnt214 Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment

My first was a shiny Gurdurr that I caught in the Pokemon Y Victory Road

• your_ethanlac
    your_ethanlac Member Posts: 18
    10 Comments Photogenic Name Dropper First Answer

I think my first non-scripted shiny was a red Gyarados. No, I didn't misread or ignore the prompt.

Immediately after encountering the scripted red Gyarados in SoulSilver, I encountered a totally random shiny wild Gyarados while I was surfing back to Mahogany Town. I was stunned, and totally unprepared, since my team was badly beaten and I had used almost all my Poké Balls trying to catch the first one. I barely managed to catch it, and I think I still have it to this day.

• Jeiymz
    Jeiymz Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment

I found a random shiny scyther in the Pokemon Crystal Safari Zone ... Unfortunately, being the safari zone, within a few attempts of trying to catch it, it fled ... I'm not even sure what my next shiny was after that. I've never been super lucky when it comes to them.

• Khlorite
    Khlorite Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

My first was a shiny tentacool in Alpha Sapphire. I'd tried shiny hunting before that and hadn't found anything, so it caught me completely off guard when one showed up on my way between towns

• Nadjie_
    Nadjie_ Member Posts: 7
    First Comment Photogenic 5 Likes

My first shiny encounter was an Electrike in Pokemon Sapphire. At the time, my cousins (3) and I all shared one copy of pokemon Sapphire. We did not understand what shiny Pokemon were at the time, but we knew we had to catch it! It was blue! It took way too made pokeballs, but finally we caught it. We agreed to let my youngest cousin raise it. :)

• Pr3st0n1
    Pr3st0n1 Member Posts: 4
    First Comment Photogenic

Shiny Buizel in a cave near the stream in Area Zero. Full odds too.