Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Gen 10 Pokemon region

MajorBrendan
MajorBrendan Member Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭✭
100 Answers 100 Likes First Anniversary 1000 Comments

All right, minus the hints. I've been meaning to ask everyone the 20 million poke dollar question. Where will the gen 10 pokemon region will be at? Australia? Italy? Mexico? Germany? We should take a guess especially when the rumored successor to the nintendo switch be arriving.

Comments

• cpm1
    cpm1 Member Posts: 349 ✭✭✭
    25 Answers Second Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Agrees

i think it will be at italy.

• ManiacCharon
    ManiacCharon Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

Ok, so this is about trying to come up with REALISTIC guesses (rather than what part of the planet we WISH to see used as inspiration for a Pokemon region).

In that case, I think there's several factors that narrow down the possibilities quite a bit!

1. Places where Pokémon currently has a presence, or is at least somewhat popular (at minimum Pokémon games have to be available, but optimally the games are even localized to their language and/or there exists an official branch of the Pokémon company for the region)
    2. Popular tourist destinations, especially popular vacation places for people from Japan
    3. Places that the developers of the main series are familiar with (either from visiting them, or by actually being from there)

Of course these are not "requirements", they just make it a lot more likely, especially when its multiple ones in combination.

It means that further obvious European countries are pretty likely (like Italy and Germany), possibly another US-based region (but west coast?).

But since I imagine many would love to see a new region that isn't yet another Europe or US based one; Korea might be a pretty solid candidate!

• Get's localized games
    • Pokémon is very popular there
    • Literally next to Japan
    • I know there's at least one Korean employee that was or is working at Gamefreak
    • iconic Pachirisu Player VGC World Champ Sejun Park

That could be really cool!

• 10types
    10types Member Posts: 238 ✭✭✭
    25 Agrees 5 Answers 25 Likes Name Dropper

They haven't done africa, oceania, or south america yet so I think its gonna be one of them. I think probably Brazil, although I could see it being Egypt, Australia, Argentina, or Nigeria

• RememberMidis
    RememberMidis Member Posts: 13
    5 Likes 5 Agrees 10 Comments Photogenic

The moon.

• puplover1118
    puplover1118 Member Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees First Anniversary 25 Likes

Possibly Mexico/Central America

• PokePeter54
    PokePeter54 Member Posts: 8
    Photogenic First Comment

I hope for Australia and we get a Platypus starter

• TheChampionZach
    TheChampionZach Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary

I hope it’s Italy!

• scotty774
    scotty774 Member Posts: 21
    5 Likes 5 Agrees 10 Comments Photogenic

Not counting my hopes for a wild west themed Legends game in Unova, I'd love to see a non-2D Pokemon game set in East Asia, whether that be in China, Korea, or Japan again. While Gens 1-4 were all set in Japan, it's hard to really feel that any of them really represent the culture to a notable degree. The Johto region comes the closest to what I'd consider to be notable representation of Japanese culture, but even that I feel could have been turned up to 11 with a new theme for Johto being one of culture and its importance, at the very least to finally make it more distinct from the Kanto region.

• Dedenne90524
    Dedenne90524 Member Posts: 337 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 25 Agrees 5 Answers 25 Likes

The rumoured sucsessor to the switch will probably arrive in late 2024-late 2025. Who knows where the next region could be based on? Maybe the Nordic countries?

• DylanVsTheWorld
    DylanVsTheWorld Member Posts: 82 ✭✭
    25 Likes Name Dropper First Answer 5 Agrees

I was betting on China. Due to the bamboo area and the treasures of ruin, I thought they were hints at a Chinese region but maybe that’s been debunked recently.

I still think it would be awesome though.