Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Does eevee deserve a new evolution? If so what type(s)?

Comments

• Lightpikachu123
    Lightpikachu123 Member Posts: 36
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 10 Comments Photogenic

It feels like Eevee could've had a Poison, Steel, or Dragon type Eeveelution to pair with Sylveon. Personally, I would like to see how a Ghost or Bug type evo would work.

• Elberta
    Elberta Member Posts: 91 ✭✭
    25 Agrees First Answer Name Dropper 10 Comments

I might be in the majority like @OnlyMK, but I would really like to see a Dragon Type eeveelution and I would like it to look majestic.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

A normal type evolution. What it would turn into if no other forces affected it.

Unfortunately unless something changed about Espeon and Umbreon's evolution, that would mean evolving it with low friendship.

• MajorBrendan
    MajorBrendan Member Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭✭
    100 Answers 100 Likes First Anniversary 1000 Comments

How about a dragon type with the tail that of a Asian Dragon.

• puplover1118
    puplover1118 Member Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees First Anniversary 25 Likes

I believe either a flying or a dragon type eeveelution is the most likely for a few reasons:

Dragon:

In the first few generations, whether a move was physical or special depended on its typing. All of the eeveelutions, excluding Sylveon for obvious reasons, have a type that had solely special moves, or a "special type". In fact, the only special type to not have an eeveelution is, well, dragon.

A dragon type eeveelution would also pair well with Sylveon (think Umbreon and Espeon or Leafeon and Glaceon.)

Flying:

Alongside Flareon, Vaporeon, and Leafeon (not Jolteon,) a flying type eeveelution would help represent the four* Western elements (though the same argument can be made for rock/ground/steel and the Chinese elements.)

Unlike the rock, ground, and steel types, the flying type has an association to a non-solid object, being the sky (yet, once more, this is a shared argument, this time with ghost.)

Outside of dragon and flying, I would love to see a ghost type eeveelution due to the type's spiritual connections, and I think that after that would be rock/ground/steel for previously stated reasons.

For the least likely eeveelution, that would have to be the bug type.

*Five if you count aether/ether (which is comparable to a "light" type, but with official types can be represented by fairy or psychic, which already have eeveelutions.)

• JCMasterpce
    JCMasterpce Member Posts: 9
    First Comment

So, I’m thinking Steel and Fighting types. I’d say Dragon as the third type, but I don’t see Game Freak doing 3 new Eeveelutions in one generation.

Fighting (Chempeon?) has been needed to balance out Espeon & Umbreon since gen 2. Meanwhile Steel type (Beameon?) seems like it should have come with Leafon and Glaceon in gen 4.

Since it’s clear that Game Freak won’t do 3 new ones in a single generation, I won’t hold out for the Dragon type (Drakon?) that would have made sense releasing with Sylveon.

• Sire_quag
    Sire_quag Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

I'd like to see a steel type eevee. Maybe it'd be called alloyeon

• MajorBrendan
    MajorBrendan Member Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭✭
    100 Answers 100 Likes First Anniversary 1000 Comments

If I have to give a dragon eeveelution a name, it be mytheon.

• puplover1118
    puplover1118 Member Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees First Anniversary 25 Likes

@JCMasterpce How would a steel type eeveelution make sense with Leafeon and Glaceon?

• werenanook
    werenanook Member Posts: 7
    First Comment Name Dropper

As much as i would like to see a ghost type I dont see GameFreak creating one any time soon since it would essentially mean that eevee died and i think in general they are trying to avoid the topic of death.

Personally, i would like to see a normal type evolution that gains more damaging attack moves and could possibly learn moves across all of its other types. Since eevee tends to share a similar description to mew in terms of its genetic make up it could have the second largest TM pool list that it can learn from. Call it Eeveevee.