Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Cheating

A famous Asian player seems to have cheated/made a gross mistake recently on stream. Hard to think that a player of that level doesn't know that he has only one Flaafy on the table. What will Nintendo's response be?

In my opinion this is a unique occasion to show a clear answer to a very relevant issue in the TCG community. Does Nintendo investigate these cases, event after the end of a tournament? Is it a cheating issue? What does Nintendo think about cheating? What are the consequences if you are caught? There will be a public decision/announcement?

By condescending or being opaque, you are sending a message to the community that cheating doesn't matter, and if you do there are no consequences. I think that is very dangerous and encourages behavior that is not in line with what policy in this game should be.

Achieving a fair game and a pleasant community is everyone's job. And taking appropriate action with as much publicity as possible should be the way to go for Nintendo. Both in this case and similar ones if it is determined as cheating (public ban and withdrawal of titles and awards) or not (public announcement that it is understood as non-fraudulent mistake).

Best regards

gardiet

Comments

• 10types
    10types Member Posts: 238 ✭✭✭
    100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Answers 25 Agrees

Pokemon is the greatest game of all time. Put a smile on and everything will all be okay

• Bolt_Boy25
    Bolt_Boy25 Member Posts: 137 ✭✭✭
    100 Comments 25 Agrees 25 Likes 25 LOLs

😵‍💫I hate that we have to think about this.