Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Matchmaking waiting times.

NeptuneShaun
NeptuneShaun Member Posts: 19
5 Agrees First Answer 10 Comments

Hi does anyone else have a similar issue, I have waited 30 mins before now and still no match. I must assume there are more people playing than just myself.

This game drains battery life so I don't want to be hanging around getting 1 / 2 games per hour.

If I'd of known it was like this I wouldn't of reverted from PTCGO.

Comments

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

There's a bug that breaks matchmaking if they don't do maintenance for more than 5 days. Since they recently did do maintenance that's mostly fixed, but now so many people are either fed up or have no incentive to play after finishing the battle pass that almost nobody is playing. This will probably remain a problem until the next major update.

• NeptuneShaun

This is mainly today that I'm having the issue since the maintenance. Before the maintenance I was waiting maybe 5 mins between games.

• Duaner_83
    Duaner_83 Member Posts: 15
    10 Comments 5 Agrees First Anniversary

Oh so the matchmaking bug is back again? I thought so. What's this, the 3rd or the 4th time? You'd think they would check the changelog before reverting sections of the code. The preexisting issues aren't just going to hotfix themselves.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

@Duaner_83 It was never fixed. It goes away temporarily after maintenance, implying that rebooting the servers fixes it temporarily for 2-3 days. It's not the result of reverting code.

• NeptuneShaun

This seems to be that after I've had 2/3 games, then I struggle to get any more games at all, for the full day. When it's a new day, there seems to be game after game until I hut that 2/3 then I really struggle.

• Therealpokeboi
    Therealpokeboi Member Posts: 28
    5 Agrees 10 Comments

this is a joke

• Francko1091
    Francko1091 Member Posts: 15
    10 Comments First Anniversary Photogenic

Hopefully they would add more countries to the beta to add more players