Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Pokemon Live TCG Team Up Matches (idea)

This idea would be from a 3 player to an 8 player game, the concept of it is simple, the fastest to get energy attached to their Pokemon and to knock out any other Pokemon would have the advantage of the game. However, when two players are going against an evolutionary Pokemon for an example, that is strong when evolved, it might be taken out first by the other 2 or more players, hence “Team Up”.

Setting up cards needs to have a timer and coin flips too, these games would last longer then expanded matches (theoretically), this is where EX, GX, Tag Team, V, V Star etc would battle the most because evolutionary Pokemon would be easier taken out because of the 2 turns it takes to evolve, plus the required cards to place and energy and to evolve etc.

The rules would be the same as any other match on Pokemon TCG Live and wouldn't differ much from the 'official' Pokemon match rules and regulations. Games do need to evolve as well sometimes x]

The player that starts the game would go first and the coin could have a third edge to it and have it able to flip on both heads or tails and even on the edge of the coin. Ideally, this would suit a 3 player match, where two players choose the coin flip and try to choose who goes first. This match type 'could' be a quick play option type situation, where whoever is fastest with their cards most likely will win the match. As well as only having 3 cards on the bench, plus one on the board up front.

I think if this is ever was added, it should include expanded cards format, I like expanded matches more, expanded is just not as popular at times. Although, it could be further developed to include match type match-ups. (standard/expanded)

Matches could be further defined by 3 player, 5 player and 8 player matches. I think coins should be involved as a currency to join these matches, although, winning the match could be like gambling if the coins are put into a pot. But I'm not sure if the winner should win the coins this way or not.

Some rewards for winning 1st could be things like, all the coins in the pot, a participation reward for the first match, possibly a booster pack(s), added gems or trading credits etc. This would bring a new look and feel to PTCG live and it would be like a tournament style game, that many 'could' enjoy. Any one of the above rewards 'could' be acceptable.

:]

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Mod_Skrilla
    Mod_Skrilla Moderator Posts: 322 mod
    100 Comments 25 LOLs Second Anniversary 25 Likes

Hello, Trainer,

Thank you for your feedback! Please let us know if you have any other suggestions.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments 500 Agrees 250 Likes 50 Answers

They can't do this lol