Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Lack of Incentive to Play

Paradox91
Paradox91 Member Posts: 22
Name Dropper 5 Agrees First Comment First Anniversary

I'm frustrated with lack of incentive to play more than 1 game per day. The battle pass doesn't last long enough, and there aren't enough daily rewards. I miss the daily reward ladder on ptcgo which gave rewards for up to 11 wins every single day. I was able to use the rewards structure on ptcgo to build up my collection, but on ptcgl, despite all the great rewards gifted during the battle pass, after I complete the battle pass there are no rewards to earn other than for completing the daily quests which often only takes 1 game. I like these daily quests, but I wish there was more potential to earn rewards to build my collection. For the Scarlet & Violet battle pass, I finished the battle pass in the first month and then was left with just the daily quests, which as mentioned, often only take 1 game to complete, making continuing to play at that point feel like I'm not supposed to be playing that much, and I'm wasting my time. I realized that I could complete the battle pass in time for the next set and receive maximum rewards by playing just 1 game a day usually, and there is no opportunity to play for additional rewards beyond that. I'd like to be able to play at least 4-10 games a day where I feel like I'm accomplishing something. I want to be able to earn enough credits to craft all the cards I want.

Comments

• uncomonfossil
    uncomonfossil Member Posts: 176 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Agrees 25 Likes

Ultimately the incentive to play should be having fun. But I do agree that the rewards structure should be adjusted to provide more for people who have finished the Battle Pass.

• Bol4Killer
    Bol4Killer Member Posts: 6
    First Comment

I think there should be a higher level of rewards in a daily basis. Difficult challenges to achieve like:

• knock out 3 pokémon with a single hit.
    • Win a match taking all prizes but your opponent should not take more than 2.
    • Win a match without playing a single trainer card.
    • Win a match using only pokemon under 100hp on deck.
    • Deal 2000 damage in a single match.

Stuff like that.

• Paradox91
    Paradox91 Member Posts: 22
    Name Dropper 5 Agrees First Comment First Anniversary

the reason why it's frustrating is because I want to play the game a lot more than the reward structure is designed to accommodate. If I play at the rate it took me on ptcgo to get to 2000 "lightning bolts" to earn the full art each 3 week period, on ptcglive I finish the battle pass in a month and have nothing left to do. If they had a new battle pass each month or if they brought back daily rewards in addition to the daily challenges, like they had on ptcgo, that would be great. As a secondary point, I notice I was able to generate way more value on ptcgo earning coins and tournament tickets and the odd pack just from daily rewards. They could have a similar daily reward ladder on live where you earn small amounts of the various currencies and the odd pack here and there.

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 778 ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 Answers 100 LOLs 500 Comments 250 Agrees

Adding higher level rewards and harder quests would make the game more grinding and probably quite more tedious. It's already boring enough those current simple quests...

What they should do is to make the game more fun by adding more formats/modes, tournments/events, make the game play better, more visual appealing, reduce the amount of critical bugs, etc.

This takes time but I think that's the right way to go and not make it harder grinding oriented quests.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes
    edited June 2023 #6

Making the game more grindy to get extra rewards on top of what little we already get would be a good thing. It would be nice to be able to grind for a few hundred crystals per day and for there to be 100 BP tiers. Currently, grinding is just useless. Someone playing 1-3 games per day basically gets as much as someone who plays 30 games per day, but a little more spread out. Adding two more difficult quests that offer more rewards in addition to the current ones would be a benefit, not a loss. Also, the game is never going to be fixed or look good. Just give up on that. They're never going to invest in a good development or art team.

That said, I have a theory that there's a reason that empty rewards screen keeps popping up...

• uncomonfossil
    uncomonfossil Member Posts: 176 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Agrees 25 Likes

I think some change to the rewards structure to increase rewards after completing the Battle Pass would be good. But I do not want the game to force players into a lot of grinding for rewards, because that can get tedious. The Live economy seems pretty fair to me. I feel that it gives me better access to cards & decks than PTCGO. Let players earn the bulk of the rewards through playing a few games per day. Then give a little bit more for players that enjoy grinding.