Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What did you think of Pokémon Horizons?

Options
YagoFuecoco
YagoFuecoco Member Posts: 197 ✭✭✭
First Comment 5 Likes 5 Agrees Name Dropper

I loved it, I thought Liko was a super cute and charismatic character, Roy I thought he was really fun, I loved the scene of him and Fuecoco singing, especially that Fuecoco is my favorite Pokémon in Paldea, and also my favorite fire-type starter Pokémon, I hope there will be a lot of Pokémon Horizons episodes later this year

Comments

• MajorBrendan
    MajorBrendan Member Posts: 879 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Answer 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

Aside from No Ash in it. I actually hate it. Liko is hesitant and extremely reluctant to be a pokemon trainer. On top of that, She and Roy continue to rely on adults to bail them out in every dangerous situation.

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Comment 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

@MajorBrendan

Children relying on adults, especially in situations a child wouldn't usually be able to handle, and not having their life goals figured out 100%? Shocking! Never has someone, especially a preteen/teen still figuring themselves out, actually felt confused about the complexity and possibilities of the future and impact of their decisions on it! /sarcasm

Unsurprisingly it might feel overwhelming and confusing thinking about your future for many people, especially when they're young and realise they have to decide things that'll have a huge impact on their life. I feel like Horizons is really good at handling all the characters realistically, despite the disadvantage of having a lot of important characters.

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭✭
    5 Agrees First Comment 5 Likes First Answer
    Options

I’m 15 and already have my plans for college planning to get PHD’s in engineering physics and programming become an inventor/entrepreneur

• Josiah2580
    Josiah2580 Member Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Comment
    Options

I like it 😁

• YagoFuecoco
    Options

Another thing I liked was the new villains, the Explorers, I found them very serious and darker as villains, and I think they give a plasma team type feeling, and I really liked that, because the good thing about villains is to feel a immense vibration when they appear

• YagoFuecoco
    Options

@UnovanZorua, I agree a lot, especially that in Pokémon Horizons there is this story about Liko's pendant (I won't say much about this part so as not to give spoilers, but this part is very important in the story) and Pokémon Horizons tells the story of a trainer who is getting to know each other now on her Pokémon journey, so much so that the opening song talks about this part of getting to know each other and exploring new horizons, regarding adults, even cool older characters like Friede, especially for older fans to identify in some way , but I found the story of Pokémon Horizons incredible and very exciting, and I can't wait to see the next episodes

• MajorBrendan
    Options

@YagoFuecoco The explorers, however just simply lack the proper screen time to feel like ongoing antagonists. If I have to put up another episode about Liko and I'll go crazy, already beyond 40 episodes and the show's downright boring.

• SpiderX36068185
    SpiderX36068185 Member Posts: 40
    Name Dropper 5 LOLs First Answer First Comment
    Options

I love it! I like that they got rid of Ash.(He got kinda boring) I was never a huge fan of the pokemon tv shows but I like this one alot

• MajorBrendan
    Options

@SpiderX36068185 I already saw 40+ episodes and I find Pokemon Horizons extremely disappointing. Besides, Ash's journey isn't over yet.

• Hey_PIKMIN
    Hey_PIKMIN Member Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 Likes First Comment 5 LOLs
    Options

@MajorBrendan His journey is done, accept it