Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Weekly Deck Discussion #1

Options
OlderAngel11
OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭✭
First Comment 5 Agrees First Answer 5 LOLs

Hey everybody! This is not another voting bracket, as I've already got one going, but simply an opportunity to discuss a certain deck each week. You can say whatever you like, talk about the best list for the deck, recent results for that deck that came out of tournaments, or comment about the deck's weaknesses and strong matchups. Anyway, the deck I chose for this first discussion is one that been getting a lot of hate lately from recent users:

Snorlax Stall

Another final thing: I don't want these discussions to turn into a toxic mess with people insulting each other and just saying the first thing that pops into their head. You can say that you don't like the deck, but please keep it civil.

Comments

• Zhula
    Zhula Member Posts: 62
    5 Likes Photogenic 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

decks cringe. next

• Mister-Burkes
    Mister-Burkes Member Posts: 114 ✭✭
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Agrees Name Dropper
    Options

Based deck, but I expect it to become less popular after rotation. I got a free win about 1 in 10 games from opponents who auto-concede when they see Snorlax Stall in ranked.

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 420 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

I think that it’s definitely a deck that requires more attention to sequencing and card maintenance.

• OlderAngel11
    Options

What do you guys think about BlockLax post-rotation? I think it's still a strong contender. The Chi-Yu can replace Crabominable V, and you don't lose too many other impactful cards. What ACE SPEC do you think will be best in BlockLax? I think Hero Cape and Unfair Stamp are both pretty powerful. Another weird thing about some blocklax lists is that people have started playing Radiant Zard in their lists. I think it's just to knock out any attackers that your opponent might have gone all-in on, but I still dislike it.

• Octowen
    Options

Yeah I’m with you there, @OlderAngel11. Radiant Zard seems like a very strange inclusion. Also, I hadn’t thought about Unfair Stamp in Snorlax… 😩

It will definitely be interesting to see what Ace Spec they choose.

• OlderAngel11
    Options

@Octowen I think at the moment Hero Cape is the pick, especially with the fact that you can Cyllene it back into the deck and use it again…

• Octowen
    Options

Very true! Also Unfair Stamp would actually add most of your opponents hand into their deck, which isn’t always what you’re looking for in Snorlax—you want them to draw out.

• OlderAngel11
    Options

That's kinda what I was thinking of, but maybe the time Unfair stamp could be played is when you're really trying to get the right play and don't want your opponent to immediately counter it, maybe when your board state is weak. Then, when they miss it, in the next few turns you can strengthen your board so that when they do counter your play, you're ready with a new plan.

• emcees
    emcees Member Posts: 13
    First Comment 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options

@OlderAngel11 well, you can also Cyllene the unfair stamp back in…
    also, I think radiant zard improves the lost-tina matchup, as they will typically just put in a comfey and a tina.

• OlderAngel11
    Options

Sure, I get that. Rad Zard is strong for Tina, but it's a weak start, which kinda sucks.