Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Magma Basin/Dark Charizard ex??

Options

Here's the scenario…

1. Opponent has Arcanine ex in the active spot with no energy and Charmander and Radiant Greninja on the bench.
  2. On their next turn they put in Magma Basin, play Rare Candy to evolve Charmander into Dark Charizard ex and use Infernal Reign to put all three energy onto Arcanine, smart move, right? Here's where things took a sharp left turn into the Twilight Zone…
  3. They activated Magma Basin and put the energy that was in the discard pile from using Greninja onto DARK Charizard.

I have both of those in one of my decks, and CANNOT do that. So, I have a simple question, how?

Comments

• Nickalooose1
    Nickalooose1 Member Posts: 45
    5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment Name Dropper
    Options

Are you sure it was that order? Did you grab the game log?

• Mister-Burkes
    Mister-Burkes Member Posts: 114 ✭✭
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Agrees Name Dropper
    Options

I would definitely post the game log, I don't think that should be possible. Are you sure they didn't Magma Basin first before using Rare Candy on Charmander?

• Junglemania
    Junglemania Member Posts: 16
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

@Nickalooose1 100% sure, because they used Infernal Reign to put all 3 energies on Arcanine and left Dark Charizard on the bench. Magma Basin can only be used on benched Pokémon and they only had these three cards in play (Greninja). No, I didn't grab the game log because I'm not used to them yet, and am also a dumpkoft, apparently. 🤣

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Agrees First Answer 5 LOLs
    Options

This sounds impossible but I think you might be missing something. As Mister-Burkes said, he might've magma basined before rare candying.