Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

New Ranked Ladder Ideas

Options

On feb 20, we heard from the dev team that:
"Last year, the team closely monitored the analytics of the ranked game mode and noticed that most players hit a challenging hurdle in their progression. Higher tiers required excessive time commitment to reach, and the percentage of players able to progress past the Great League indicated a significant imbalance in the progression system. We understand that this imbalance hinders your ability to advance and diminishes the rewards and satisfaction that should accompany your efforts. 

As a result of these findings, we'll implement an essential update to our ranked ladder system in a future release. This update aims to address the current state of ranked play, ensuring that progress aligns more closely with the expectations and investment of players' time and effort. The balancing efforts of our ranked ladder is a continuous and iterative process, and moving forward, we are committed to its continued evolution. Your feedback and insights are invaluable to us, and we encourage you to share your thoughts as we work together to create an enjoyable ladder experience for all players."

I am wondering what ideas you all have for the new ranked ladder.

Comments

• Ampersundae
    Ampersundae Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 Likes Photogenic First Comment
    Options

That sounds like a great update.

For the game to last, I think there needs to be a tournament system like the last game had, where the best players can play for higher stakes, but you could join in. Ideally like how you could play an in person card tournament on a weekend or something similar. Winning crystals and older packs wouldn't change the game much. I bet people aren't spending much on older packs, but if we want a full expanded eventually, there should be a way in to that.

It's a competitive game at the core, so there is the desire to be the very best, like no one ever was. Could they display the top player names if you clicked on a window for ranks? It would be cool for bragging rights, and knowing what are the top decks out there.

• Bhramavi
    Bhramavi Member Posts: 51
    5 Agrees 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    Options

I would prefer more crystal or credit. Our ranked ladder is very stiff. Whenever I reach greninja level I feel like I don't have to go further it very high. So don't play because I reach my goal which gave me reward and after that I only play dailies for a reward only one or two match per day. It should be rewarding as more dailies mission like we had in ptcgo. It goes upto 15 match pr day. Or it ranked ladder and it's reward should be modified in such a way that it should feel like more of progression to achieve the rewards cause current rewards to get to next level is not motivating enough. And pushing through is very hard which is good I am not saying high rank should be claimed easily noo. Some thing need to change. I. Think adding more rewards in between every step in ladder progression would be great. Like when you reach houndoom and to the next. Each should have freebies crystal n credit so it provide some kind of achievement that you accomplish because it really hard after greninja base level

• Mister-Burkes
    Mister-Burkes Member Posts: 114 ✭✭
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Agrees Name Dropper
    Options

It's pretty simple - they need to shorten the win distances between Greninja → Azelf, and Azelf → Deoxys.

Those are currently the longest grinds in ranked ladder, it's actually easier and shorter to grind from Deoxys → Arceus.

I also definitely agree that there should also be much better rewards to incentivize players to go the distance. Deoxys rewards have always been bad (usually cosmetic avatar items), and Arceus rewards are only sometimes interesting if I happen to really like the card sleeve for that season. I think instead of a God Pack (which you already get through the battle pass), they should reward you with another deck.