Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

My first (TRUE) Pokemon Nuzlocke

Options
2»

Comments

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭✭
    5 Agrees First Answer 5 LOLs First Comment
    Options

You can use Rare Candy glitches/etc. to level up to near the next gym's level, that's something that tends to be accepted in nuzlockes because grinding is awful, especially before gen 5.

@TheJeffers

From what I've seen it doesn't seem like they hate nuzlockes. Just hacking or the like. But even with that, a youtuber named JaidenAnimations got all the Unova plushies early for free despite playing a randomised two player nuzlocke, so it doesn't seem like they care much.

• Hey_PIKMIN
    Hey_PIKMIN Member Posts: 919 ✭✭✭
    First Answer 5 LOLs 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

@UnovanZorua The reason people think that Pokemon hates Nuzlockes is because when Nintendo Minute (Kit and Krysta) wanted to make a nuzlocke episode the Pokemon company said that nuzlockes were as bad as hacking

But I'm pretty sure it was Alpharad (Jaiden's nuzlocke partner) who said that they are fine with emulators and nuzlockes now, just not hacking

Also Pokemon has favourites like Alpharad, Jaiden animations, and a few others

• Eremas
    Eremas Member Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes 5 LOLs 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

@UnovanZorua I personally do not like the rare candy glitching unless the pokemon company has it in the game. Yeah the hardcore aspect(progress can be lost) of nuzlocking makes rare candies a must but I think the pokemon company should embrace easily getting items. I heard scarlet and violet has kind of done this but still needs a way to select an IV to be made zero.

• pizzatine
    pizzatine Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    First Comment Name Dropper Combo Breaker 5 Agrees
    Options

always play it safe and dont get confident NEVER