Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Scyther's glitches joint report

Options
VS_Drago
VS_Drago Member Posts: 1
Photogenic

Good morning, or afternoon for some.
That's my first post here so pardon if I mess up the formating of the post, resulting in some confusion.

In this thread I wanted to report some of the gltiches and issues that damage the quality of playing this pokemon.

1. Double Hit's boosted attack can trigger on its own

This one is self-explanatory and happens on other pokemon with familiar mechanic of skill linked to basic attacks like Absol. Basically the boosted attack will trigger on its own without player's intent. I am unsure what leads to it but mayhaps it triggers when the enemy is close to leaving the range of the move. Sadly making a record of it is rather difficult. It happens on Double Hit move as a whole so Scizor is affected as well.

2. Dual Wingbeat's cancel glitch

This one is weirder. Basically if you use Double Hit to cancel out of the Dual Wingbeat's sword swings animation too fast (during the startup of the move), the cross slashes won't appear and the move will be registered as a miss and force itself into cooldown. This one is very easy to replicate, just try using Dual Wingbeat and Double Hit as fast as you can.

3. Dual Wingbeat's input buffer problem

Apparently, in case you get a skill reset when Dual Wingbeat's follow-up attack is available to be used, you can perform cross slice at any point of the follow-up if you repeatedly press the button during the dash and said cross slice will trigger instantly when and where Scyther ends the dash move.

[edited by Mod_Pandaroo : We cannot accept external links, even to YouTube or other video platforms]

Here is the link to the overall presentation of how the glitch looks like. As you can tell, there is a moment where in the middle of the second tap, the icon changes from dash attack to the cross slice and the game blindly obeys which shouldn't be a thing. This however brings more problems because the autosnap doesn't work when Dual Wingbeat is activated this way and this is an overall issue because you cannot activate the follow-up attack before you finish doing the cross slice and usually moves with repeated usage have an animation lock preventing skill interruption by repeated button press set until the end of the move, so I have a request to add such lock to Dual Wingbeat's dash attack to prevent unwanted sudden waste of a move.

4. Unite Move can get jammed

As the title implies. It happens with both Scyther's and Scizor's Unite Moves.
If you move while in the Unite Move state (so after you successfuly trigger the first part of the ultimate), the second dash attack can get jammed, preventing it from actually activating if you are swiping in the direction you want the dash to go towards while also moving at the same time. The workaround I found for it is for you to stop moving and just tap the button, which isn't very comfortable and you risk targetting a wrong enemy.

5. Unite Move's second dash can auto-trigger on its own

Unfortunately as simple as the title may imply it is to describe, it's actually not as easy. It's very hard to replicate and I am not fully sure what causes it but if I recall, it might be related to the input buffer problems mentioned before, because the second dash directs Scyther instantly to the point where you triggered the first portion of the Unite Move. I'm not even sure if it's a glitch related to both Scizor and Scyther or only Scyther.

6. Several autosnap issues

So as you've seen on the point #3 - Dual Wingbeat has autosnap issues. But frankly, every move of theirs has this issue. There were times where I wanted to use Double Hit to get away from my enemy only to suddenly approach them with the leap.
Recently, I've noticed a different yet same kind of issue with Dual Wingbeat and Unite Move where the moves aimed at completely wrong places if you tap the button. Usually if you tap a move, it would come out slightly in front of you or proceed in the direction you're facing. However with Scyther, the moves come out at places I'd consider "in a way that certainly misses the opponent".
When I use a dash, the skill would drag me away from the opponent and when I'd tap Dual Wingbeat's cross slice, the move would even suddenly strike behind myself despite the opponent clearly being in front of me and within range (or the move would come out too close to me, resulting in easy miss).

7. Double Hit to Dual Wingbeat combo issue

It is quite related to the previous issue but decided to give it a section of its own.
Namely, Dual Wingbeat was known by Scyther users to have unique property or rather a glitch where the move would come out close to Scyther if you tapped Dual Wingbeat during the leap of Double Hit.
However with a certain update that removed Zoroark's dash attack glitch, Scyther's unique property of the combo was altered in a worse way. Instead of coming out close to Scyther (which could be utilized by the players due to the enemy being naturally closer to the caster due to said leap), it now came out away from Scyther - generally destroying the combo. Please return the previous property of the move.

That's about it.
Scyther was known already for its potential to link its skills together forming interesting and unique combos, however with these glitches emerging, most of its comboability became unreliable and cripple its performance. The vanishing cross-slice poses a threat to "Instant Dual Wingbeat to Double Hit" combo since the move can be unintentionally disabled and the autosnap failure during the leap ruins Double Hit to Dual Wingbeat combo due to the enemy being too close to be reached by the cross. To top it off, the nature of quick gameplay of Scyther guaranteed by the cooldown reset mechanic became impaired due to the game misinterpreting the intentions of the player due to lack of safety lock on Dual Wingbeat triggering from itself which exists in case you try using dash attack instantly after hitting the opponent with the cross slice.
And lastly, with the issues seemingly looking like the game itself does mistakes in your place, it leads to painful scenarios where the one who picked Scizor/Scyther looks like they intentionally feed with blatant blunder perfomances that nobody that is experienced at least slightly with the game overall would perform. Please fix these issues. It costs us games and quite possibly reputation.