Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

With the release of PTCG Pocket, whats in store for Live?

As a player who has played growing up, it is deeply saddening to see Pocket announced.

Devs, what happened here? What is in store for Live in 2024? Are there resources being dedicated to this new game that could be used towards Live?

Comments

• Itsyouryingrui
    Itsyouryingrui Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

Live is terrible, it has been online for 2 years. But there are still a lot of bugs, endless. A lot of my friends who used to play TCGOL don't play anymore.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 1000 Comments 250 LOLs 100 Likes

I doubt this will affect TCG Live much. Pocket looks more focused on the Asian market, where Live isn't available.

And it looks to be a cut down version of the TCG, rather than being a 1-to-1 functional replacement for it.

If Pocket gains the ability to play the full TCG, then I might think about it replacing Live.

• Bhramavi
    Bhramavi Member Posts: 51
    10 Comments 5 Agrees 5 Likes Name Dropper

All the cards are different and the playthrough is different as well. I will doubt Pocket will add nerdy PTCG stuff to it. Although pocket can make a tournament own in own. by player size alone. And I also believe it will definitely effect the PTCGL as a player count cause only those who is obsessed with tourney will play this and everybody else move to pocket edition

• Baggetto
    Baggetto Member Posts: 97 ✭✭✭
    Second Anniversary 25 Agrees 10 Comments First Answer

Probably shutdown

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments 500 Agrees 250 Likes 50 Answers

Live is made by TPCi. Pocket is made by TPC. They are completely separate projects with no shared resources and no effect on each other. This is like asking if Unite or Legends Z-A will affect Live.

You wish