Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Black and White remake leak?

ORBEETLE345
ORBEETLE345 Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
10 Comments 5 Likes 5 LOLs 5 Agrees

Recently a leak surfaced showcasing a model of Ghetsis in the style of BDSP and people are angry that Pokémon is using the chibi style again and (presumably) having ILCA develop the Gen 5 remakes.

The leak was posted on 4Chan and also says that:

The new Pokémon Presents will be shown on 24.2.2024 (2.24.2024 for people in America).

ILCA will make the Gen 5 Remakes.

The games will contain remakes of Black and White 1+2 and the games will be called 'Pokemon Deep Black' and 'Pokémon Vast White'.

The final announcement in the direct will be a new Pokémon Legends game set in Unova.

I personally feel that this leak is faked as there are some holes in the things they mention.

1. Pokémon Presents is always held on Pokémon day (27th of February for those who don't know) so it wouldn't make sense to air it three days earlier.
  2. There is only games mentioned. While the new games will (presumably) be announced in the Presents but they don't take up all of the time available. Also it is probably to soon for new remakes (I talk more about this in my other discussion 'Thoughts on what could be be announced this Pokémon day?').
  3. When ILCA developed BDSP the games and their artstyle was and still is hated. It wouldn't be a good choice for TPC to have them make the games if their previous games were that disliked.
  4. The final announcement being a Legends game feels like an attempt to get reactions from people as a new legends game has been a wanted thing for a while now.

Overall the leak is probably a fake due to the sheer amount of evidence going against the posts claims

If have any more information about this leak, feel free to share it in the comments!

Comments

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments 500 Agrees 250 Likes 50 Answers

the leak is false and even though I would love a Pokémon present on my birthday the game that is going to be developed by ilca is probably the johto remakes (riddler khu) a legitimate leaker posted something about there being sprigatito and quaxly and the post talked about ilca and the post said that the croc was gone meaning fuecoco/totodile

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments 500 Agrees 250 Likes 50 Answers
  • UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers

Yeah, if definitely does seem suspicious. Though Pokémon has been defying our expectations recently (Professor is evil and not a tree, Champion rival, three stories in one, the DLC is a singular story), I doubt they'd announce stuff before Pokémon day.

And the Ghetsis image looks fake and worse than the Sinnoh remakes despite how bad the Sinnoh remakes (that were never announced or released) looked, so I doubt it.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 1000 Comments 250 LOLs 100 Likes

I doubt even The Pokémon Company is arrogant and tone deaf enough to use ILCA and make a BDSP-style game again.

Then again, box had word 'Pokémon' on it. People buy Pokémon. They will buy BDSP again.

That said, always treat leaks with skepticism. Sometimes they are true, but generally they are nonsense.