Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Making a Fire Type Deck

Options
Scorbunny1scute
Scorbunny1scute Member Posts: 224 ✭✭✭
5 Likes First Answer 5 Agrees 5 LOLs

Hi! I've been working on a fire type deck. Could you please tell me if I could improve it and how.

3 Charizard Vmax DAB

3 Charizard V DAB

2 Mew ex MEW

2 Arcanine MEW

3 Growlirhe MEW

2 Chi-yu SVP

1 Cinderace CHR

2 Raboot CHR

3 Scorbunny CHR

2 Nest Ball SVI

3 Superior Energy Retrieval PAL

2 Ultra Ball SVI

2 Poké Ball SVI

1 Ball Guy SHF

2 Jacq SVI

2 Bill's Transfer MEW

2 Technical Machine: Devolution PAR

2 Technical Machine: Crisis Punch PAF

1 Metagoza SVI

2 Heat Energy DAB

2 Reversal Energy PAL

16 Fire Energy

Comments

• pikayou
    pikayou Member Posts: 78 ✭✭
    5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer Name Dropper
    Options

You're going to have a lot of trouble getting your Pokemon into play because you've spread yourself thin over multiple evolution lines, most of which are pretty bad, instead of just running a single line of Pokemon with a strategy than can support those Pokemon. Remember that your opponent is also going to be constantly attacking you - how do you plan on powering up Charizard VMAX for its five energy attack? Hope you lead with both Chi-Yus and a Charizard V and your opponent doesn't play Boss' Orders? What will you do once that Charizard goes down?

Arcanine, Cinderace, Chi-Yu, Poke Ball, Ball Guy, Jacq, and Bill's Transfer are all bad cards - and the TMs are completely situational and don't gel with the deck very much at all. Also a lot of them aren't standard legal, so you're competing against the much wider card pool of Expanded.

You'd be a lot better off looking at winning deck lists to see what works and what doesn't. Charizard ex might be a decent consideration - and in Expanded Volcarona V and Reshiram & Charizard GX are also a lot of fun.