Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Anyone else just collect Pokemon cards or is it just me?

Options

Hi. I'd like to know if there's anyone else here who enjoys collecting Pokemon cards. No playing the card game or selling off the really cool and rare ones, just collecting them.

I've amassed a pretty good collection over nearly four years via official booster packs and those third-party repacks of older cards that you see in places like drug stores. While I can only afford a pack every so often, I always take great joy in opening them, looking through the cards, then spending quite a bit of time incorporating any new ones into my collection and sorting them by Pokedex number. While I would like to learn to play the TCG at some point, I think I'm happy just collecting the cards and looking at the nice art. It's a good little hobby. 😊

Comments

• Michael629303
    Michael629303 Member Posts: 790 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes First Comment 5 Agrees 5 LOLs
    Options

I been collecting for some years now and I'm just about to start playing. I sort mine by type then evolutionary order. so all fire pokemon would be in the fire section and there whole line would be next to them. pokemon that have different types I do this. when I get the first or middle evolution I put the line in the section that coresponds with the type of the first card of that evolution line but when I find the last pokemon in that evolution line I will put the line in the section that correspond to that type. after this even if I get the last evoltion in a different type it stay where it is. I also have the cards so that, lets say sobble, are in just one sleave (1/9 of the card sleave) so that there all in the same spot. I don't do double sided.

• YagoFuecoco
    YagoFuecoco Member Posts: 184 ✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Likes 5 Agrees Name Dropper
    Options

I still collect to this day, I already have a large collection

• SmartAlakazam
    SmartAlakazam Member Posts: 338 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

That’s me right there, I have over 250 cards in my binder.

• Michael629303
    Michael629303 Member Posts: 790 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes First Comment 5 Agrees 5 LOLs
    Options

I have about 1,500-2,000

• Pok3m0nMaSt0r29
    Pok3m0nMaSt0r29 Member Posts: 42
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Options

I collect them and plan on making a deck, but thanks to my ADHD, I always forget. 😅

• fishy4you
    fishy4you Member Posts: 16
    First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options

I've been collecting for years and only played the game once or twice with some friends. I only recently started playing the online game though. I have a huge binder full of all my cards and they're organized by type, then alphabetically. I also have a mini binder specifically for pokemon cards that I put all my EXs, GXs, stuff like that into, and just ones I think look cool.

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Agrees First Answer 5 LOLs
    Options

I play the game more, and since I'm only into playable stuff, I've got about five thousand cards or so just sitting in my closet not being used. I would give them to someone but I don't have a ton of friends who just like bulk.

• FloofCollects
    FloofCollects Member Posts: 27
    5 Likes First Comment Photogenic
    Options

I just got a new pack at Illiofest and pulled a hundred dollar VMAX card!

• Eeveegirl23343
    Eeveegirl23343 Member Posts: 12
    Name Dropper First Comment First Answer Photogenic
    Options

I have been collecting since 2020 for the first day of grade 3 and the first card was a Malmar Vmax

I've been collecting ever since and I'm in the middle of finishing the Kanto and Johto Pokedex in cards.

I don't have many cards though I have like 50-100 Pokémon cards and 200-100 trainer cards and energies.