Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Rate my poison deck

Options
gamerman1238
gamerman1238 Member Posts: 1

I designed this poison deck, I’m not great at making decks but I can pick a theme and roll with it. It’s still in the testing phase and I’m open to suggestions. The problems I’m running into is not getting energy fast enough or reliable getting Toxicroak and Clodsire.

Pokémon: 7

1 Lumineon V BRS 40

3 Paldean Clodsire ex PAL 130

1 Radiant Hisuian Sneasler LOR 123

2 Brute Bonnet PAR 123

3 Croagunk SVI 130

3 Toxicroak ex SVI 131

3 Paldean Wooper OBF 126

Trainer: 16

2 Ultra Ball SVI 196

2 Switch SUM 132

1 Rescue Carrier EVS 154

2 Avery CRE 130

1 Lost Vacuum CRZ 135

1 Battle VIP Pass FST 225

2 Parasol Lady PAR 169

2 Nest Ball SVI 181

2 Dark Patch LOR 216

2 Capturing Aroma SIT 153

2 Artazon PAL 171

2 Ancient Booster Energy Capsule PAR 159

1 Collapsed Stadium BRS 137

2 Boss's Orders PAL 172

2 Arven SVI 166

2 Earthen Vessel PAR 163

Energy: 3

10 Basic {D} Energy Energy 33

2 Gift Energy LOR 171

4 Double Turbo Energy BRS 151

Total Cards: 60

Comments

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭
    5 Agrees First Answer 5 LOLs 5 Likes
    Options

Yeah, this just doesn't work. My best advice for you is to go to Limitlesstcg.com and pick out one of the top decks on the leaderboard and then just build that. This won't win you many games.

• pikayou
    pikayou Member Posts: 78 ✭✭
    5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer Name Dropper
    Options

Give yourself more credit, this is a good attempt at a deck and you've managed to avoid most of the traps a lot of people fall into when starting out making decks - you've got a strategy and your cards generally complement each other well.

I think immediately though there's no reason to be running both Clodsire and Brute Bonnet, they both have the same purpose and Bonnet is a much better card as a single prize basic. I'm not sure if you really need either though, what's the point of poisoning your opponent with their abilities when Toxicroak's attack will be poisoning them anyway? You'd be better off running more consistency cards that can help you draw into the cards you need like Bibarel or Squawkabilly ex.

What's the deal with only running one or two of each trainer? You're completely limiting yourself by doing that, you should run four of the trainers you need most. Your supporters are a little off too, Avery is okay (though in this style of deck it might actually be a negative for you, you're encouraging your opponent to move their Pokemon to the bench to cure poison so you might end up forced to allow them to discard a damaged card that you could otherwise Boss and KO later in the game) but Parasol Lady is just plain bad, if you ran supporters which could draw you more cards like Professor's Research and Iono you would have a much easier time getting your evolutions and energies out. Rescue Carrier over Super Rod is a bit weird, and you could definitely try running something like PokeStop to turbo into your Dark Patches as soon as possible.

Sixteen energy is also way too much, most decks run around ten. If you included more draw support cards you would be able to draw into your energies consistently even with a lower count, as well as the other cards in your deck.

With that said, Toxicroak isn't really a good card. At most you're dealing 200 damage (120 + 60 Poison + 20 from Sneasler) which isn't taking the KO on basic ex-es like Chien-Pao or Miraidon and with DTE you're hitting 180 which misses the KO on even weaker basic Vs like Raichu, which can then easily OHKO you in return, forcing you to build up three energy on a stage 1 again. If you want to build a poison deck it might be a better idea to go with a card like Hisuian Electrode V/Klawf from Paradox Rift which isn't a top tier deck by any means but has a much better prize trade.

• AndTom
    AndTom Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    5 Likes 5 Agrees 5 LOLs Name Dropper
    Options

I recommend less trainers and more Pokémon

also switch out some for energy