Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Please make the main games good again

Options
13»

Comments

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Comment 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

I think the reason that some Pokémon were cut out of the dex was actually so that the people working on the games actually get a break for once. They have to make multiple new games every year, so it's probably tiring to add every Pokémon onto that too, especially now that there are over 1000. A lot of work would have to be done to include all of them, like balancing, buffs/debuffs, movesets, etc..

The people working on the games are probably stressed enough with how many games they need to make every year, each new game including dozens of new Pokémon, multiple new moves, removal of old ones, buffs and debuffs, dozens of new areas that need to be full of Pokémon, new gimmicks, and a lot more. Some Pokémon just can't be in SV, like Unown (since its only move, Hidden Power, was removed from SV for obvious reasons).

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 724 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

@UnovanZorua

I think the reason that some Pokémon were cut out of the dex was actually so that the people working on the games actually get a break for once.

They do not have to remodel the same Pokémon from scratch every game. I think most people would be happy with importing assets for reappearing Pokémon from previous games, especially if they are transfer only. As long as they are usable, I think the majority of the fanbase will be happy. (You can never please everyone, of course...)

Wasn't that something they promoted in gen 7? Even though the 3DS couldn't render them, they created HD models of each Pokémon to future proof and have them ready for upcoming games, ostensibly saving development time and resources.

Then ironically Dexit happened in the very next generation. What was all that work even for?

Regardless, I do not think the solution is to continue cutting previously standard and expected content from each game to give the developers time. Especially when these are full priced console games developed for (say it with me now, you all know the line) the largest media franchise on Earth.

Whoever is in charge of these decisions should give the developers the time they need to develop quality, feature-rich games without working them to the bone. That is why I push for longer gaps between releases.

Continually cutting corners while pushing out more frequent content is unsustainable, and a sure-fire way to destroy whatever reputation and good-will your franchise still retains.

Just look at Disney and the Marvel films. There was a time when they were the cinematic events of the year and seemed unstoppable. Then they started pushing quantity over quality, cut corners with inexperienced directors and writers, and now the films are bordering on box office poison.