Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Leakers and Dataminers! Thieves or Menaces!

Options
MajorBrendan
MajorBrendan Member Posts: 869 ✭✭✭
5 LOLs First Answer 5 Agrees First Comment

To be honest, I am really sick and tired of Leakers and Dataminers always ruining the surprise no matter what medium pokemon before being presented. I even consider the main Protagonists in Pokemon horizons as nothing more than pirates. Same with Leakers and Dataminers. If I work for the Pokemon Company, I will make absolutely sure any leak, datamine, and/or spoiler will never ever get out on my watch.

Comments

• MajorBrendan
    Options

I already drawn wanted posters on every member of the Rising Volt Tacklers starting with Liko Paraya.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

Shut up already

• YagoFuecoco
    YagoFuecoco Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Likes 5 Agrees Name Dropper
    Options

I agree with everything you said, I also don't like these Leakes, either they invent something that we are going to have or they leak the information before it happens, and I don't know where they get the information, That the Pokémon Company's information is also confidential, and for someone to leak it like that is pure injustice, because they are leaking information that shouldn't be leaked, so I really understand, I'm personally against leaks

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Agrees 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

No one is forcing you to read and watch the leaks or datamines. If you see a channel that has spoilers in thumbnails or titles, block them or press don't recommend channel. It's that simple. Plus, I don't think people would be as excited for the new games or DLC if we never saw any small datamines or leaks. Like that one datamine where people figured out the first letter of each Indigo Disk mon, that was something fun.

To be honest I think Pokémon should probably release more trailers and the like for their new games if they want people to not datamine or leak things instead of leaving us with that as the only form of info about them, give us small hints and content instead of relying on dataminers and leakers to remind people of your own game. Give us something exciting while we wait instead of making us wait months to hear barely anything new, especially if it could be something like the leak riddles. It would also make the games sell a little better.

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Agrees First Answer 5 LOLs
    Options

What are leakers and dataminers? I'm not really into technology so forgive me if I sound stupid.

• ORBEETLE345
    ORBEETLE345 Member Posts: 29
    5 LOLs 5 Agrees First Comment Name Dropper
    Options

Leakers are people who manage to hack/get into a game before the official release, they then take pictures and videos of things others don't know about (In Pokémon's case it's usually new Pokémon, new moves, etc) and uploads them to social media (Youtube and X are most common).

Dataminers are very much like Leakers but instead of just showing people pictures and videos of new content, datamining can lead people to get early builds of games and then release them to the internet (This happened with Pokémon Scarlet and Violet about a week before release, meaning versions of the game spread across the world like wildfire).

Btw I'm not very much into leaking and datamining so most of this could be wrong.

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 431 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes First Answer 5 LOLs 5 Agrees
    Options

Leakers are people who find information (outside the game's code) and post snippets of what they find, dataminers do the same thing, but use the game's code (this is how we found out about the "zombies" in Mochi Mayhem months before it was revealed). I don't follow the datamines much, but I do follow one leaker (Riddler Khu) because he at least makes us work for the info.

• pikayou
    pikayou Member Posts: 78 ✭✭
    5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer Name Dropper
    Options

Leakers are people that work within a company and 'leak' information that hasn't been released to the public, dataminers are people that look into a game's code after it releases in the hopes of finding information about upcoming content.

Honestly its not something I get super worked up about but I would definitely enjoy Pokemon games a lot more if I could go into them without knowing about any of the new mons and discover them as I go as opposed to having to completely remove myself from social media before a game releases to avoid spoilers lol

• PinkYoshiFan
    PinkYoshiFan Member Posts: 59 ✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 Likes Photogenic First Answer
    Options

Leakers are people within a game dev studio (or sometimes gaming-related press) that reveal information that's not supposed to be out yet. Dataminers are people that look at the raw code of a game to see anything that might be in there but not unlocked by an update yet.

• MajorBrendan
    Options

@UnovanZorua Even if I want to block them, that's not going to stop their villainous acts from spreading. I intend to ensure they're struck right at the source including reporting to the proper authorities.