Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Disappointed

Options

How come you continue to make past sets in such massive volume? I have watched the value of my cards deplete down to practically nothing over the last few months and they seem to just keep getting less and less to the point I just don't want to even collect them anymore. You make enough new sets I think it would be better if you didn't continue to make the older sets and let the value of the cards increase, it certainly would make collecting more fun if you know that the cards are no longer mass produced and will hold their value. Just saying.... I love Pokemon and don't want to stop collecting but the cost versus value is making collecting no longer worth it. Like with my alt art iono I opened over 400 packs to get that card only to find out it's now only worth around $70 and my alt art Charizard once worth $300+ is now worth a mere $100 same with alt art Blastoise only worth $40. What's the point of collecting rare cards if everyone has the cards and they are pretty much worthless now? 🥺

Answers

• FallenFurfrou
    FallenFurfrou Member Posts: 106 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Comment 5 Agrees First Answer
    Options

I didn't grow up on the Trading Cards, so I don't know the point (or even if there is still a point to this). However, there are some questions that only the original asker may be able to answer. If that's the case with your question, then I suggest you find the answer (or at least a means to contemplate it).