Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Ideas for a battle deck

Options
Surovi
Surovi Member Posts: 2
First Comment

Hi everyone!

My name is Damir and I'm looking for advice on building a battle deck.

My son has started collecting cards and playing, so I would like to put together a deck for him. So far I have collected some cards and I would like to build a deck around Regieleki V (3 pieces), Regieleki V max (2 pieces) and Delphox V (3 pieces) cards, among others I have Thundurus (3), Electabuzz (2) and Magma (2). Does this combination make sense and what else would I need?

Am I asking in the right place?

Best Answer

• pikayou
    pikayou Member Posts: 78 ✭✭
    5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer Name Dropper
    #2 Answer ✓
    Options

Heya! You're probably in the right place, lol

How these cards will fit into a deck kinda depends on how you plan on playing them. If you just want some casual games with your son they'll probably be perfectly fine, you shouldn't mix types unless you have some kind of insane energy acceleration like Mirage Gate but by itself Regieleki is a perfectly passable line of cards, though if you want to take them to a local tournament or try to play competitively otherwise these aren't the best set of cards.

Regieleki saw a little play in Miraidon ex but has mostly been phased out in favor of the Zapdos from GO, and Delphox is sometimes used as a one-of in Charizard ex decks, so those might be the way to go if you want to build a fully comp deck. On the cheaper side of things Thundurus, assuming you're talking about the one from Obsidian Flames, could work as a decent rogue deck (a deck that isn't competitive but can still perform consistently) alongside Flaaffy from Evolving Skies.

Answers

• Surovi
    Surovi Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

Thank you! 😀

He's just starting the game and I have no clue about the game either 😁 so this would be a learning deck after the Academy I bought him.

If I understood correctly, it would be wise to separate the cards into Fire and Electric and supplement them with cards for two solid monochrome decks?

We have one Zapdos EX and one Zeraora V. Which of these would be good to combine, and which to get to build two monochromatic decks?

We have about 30 trainer cards that I would distribute and supplement according to needs, depending on the Pokemon we combine.

I know the questions are a bit childish, but I would like to put something together before we start learning the game more seriously and then learn from mistakes and...

I am sure that buying a stronger off-the-shelf deck like the Palkia Vstar League Battle Deck would be a better choice, but I'd like to put something together myself. 😁