Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

why cant we get a more adult version of the Anime ?

Options
pio12prithvi
pio12prithvi Member Posts: 1

There were so many cool characters introduced like Tobias, Paul, it would be so much better to watch their adventure than to see how Ash doesn't evolve his OP Pokémon's. Sinnoh league build up a good story line and then it went back to being for Kids from then on.

Comments

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Agrees 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

Because Pokémon is a kids' show? They make most of their money from merchandise and toys, so they get more money from making the show for kids.

If you want something more mature, you can watch the other anime like Evolutions, or you can even read the comics (Pokémon Adventures for example) or even fanmade stuff. But the main series wouldn't profit much from being aimed at an older audience.

• MajorBrendan
    MajorBrendan Member Posts: 869 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Answer 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

@pio12prithvi You forget about Pokemon anime XY, the non english dub version.

• Jirarudan
    Jirarudan Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
    5 Likes 5 Agrees Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options

• Jirarudan
    Options

I keep trying to reply and it posted an empty post...

• Jirarudan
    Options

If you mean "adult" like "covering similar content to the games like bullying, grief, price of fame, loss of youth, zealous folly, cults, war crimes, child and animal abuse, and so on, that would be very interesting and I think other animes for the same age group have shown that it could be done pretty well.

If, on the other hand, you mean "adult" like swearing and violence and stuff, that's not gonna happen and you need to face facts.

• KaysanMMM
    KaysanMMM Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Options

Besides, most people fall out of Pokemon by their later teen years. Even if you were to make a more mature anime, teens wouldn't really care, still thinking Pokemon's for kids.

• D-ManBlue
    D-ManBlue Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Answer First Comment
    Options

@UnovanZorua Having a show be "for kids" doesn't mean it can't introduce things that adults could be interested in or have meaningful development in its characters.

Just look at shows like Avatar: The Last Airbender or Gravity Falls.

• Jirarudan
    Options

Or, as I said before, like the Pokemon games.

• CherryFizz507
    CherryFizz507 Member Posts: 89 ✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees Name Dropper
    Options

I am in my teens and I still like Pokémon. I binged every episode of the pokemon anime and have 15 full binders of pokemon cards. Just because I am a teen doesn’t mean I and a few others around the world like pokemon.

• MajorBrendan
    MajorBrendan Member Posts: 869 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Answer 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

Actually, I'm an adult and I still love pokemon no matter what. I would like to offer a bit of a compromise, Have pokemon stay as a kid show but raise the stakes when it comes to battles, dangers etc. What do you think?