Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Same 3 deck builds - Ranked

Options
YeeSavageV
YeeSavageV Member Posts: 3
First Comment

Gholdengo

ChienPao

Roaring Moon

Every ranked game is a rotating door of these 3 deck builds and it gets very old very fast.

Does casual mode provide more variety of deck builds??

Or can the App Devs provide some algorithm to NOT pair you with another player using a particular Pokemon / deck build back to back?

Comments

• WasabiiU
    WasabiiU Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

Are you having issues playing these decks?

• YeeSavageV
    First Comment
    Options

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 404 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes First Answer 5 LOLs 5 Agrees
    Options

Casual has more variety, but why are people using Roaring Moon? It got 70th at LAIC as its best place

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 404 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes First Answer 5 LOLs 5 Agrees
    Options

*60th

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

Two reasons. The first is that it's free. The second is that it's easy to play.

Also, there's a difference between what's good in BO1 and BO3.

• YeeSavageV
    First Comment
    Options

It’s not that I can or cannot win against them, it just gets really boring only battling these 3 decks over and over and over again.

• Dougbro1
    Dougbro1 Member Posts: 17
    First Comment First Answer
    Options

I've found that there are a few decks that deviate from these three. For example, some decks are able to utilize the new Toedscruel well to shut down a lot of the cards used to regain Energy from the discard pile, which stops Chien-Pao and Gholdengo most of the time. For my part, I use it in a Toedscruel ex deck, which stops Roaring Moon's OHKO shenanigans thanks to the Ability it has, on top of it hitting for weakness.

Yes, it can seem rough with going against these decks time after time after time. These decks get used a lot because they are genuinely good at what they do. However, all you need to do is find a way to use that to your advantage by making a deck with counterplay to these.

Competitive Pokémon TCG has very often had players at champion level using very similar decks to one another, and because of the common usage, there's only so much TCG Live can do about that.